Thread: Baisc editing software for .wmv files

Default Baisc editing software for .wmv files

Hello everybody!

I am looking for a video editing programme with which I can edit desktop video recordings. However, I have been testing some free or freemium software and, so far, nothing
    meets my requirements. My main gripes with the software I tested were the following:

- Some players were simply incapable of importing .wmv files
    - With all players I tested, the video quality was significantly worse after exporting the edited video.
    - Some players did not support resolutions >1080p. The support of 1440p videos would be great!

So I am looking for (paid) software, that solves the above issues. Also, it should come with basic features such as transitions or the ability to add some effects or text to the video.
    I also don't want to spend huge sums on this.

Hopefully you can give me some tips!
    Last edited by Mahar; 01-23-2020 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahar View Post
    Hello everybody!

I am looking for a video editing programme with which I can edit desktop video recordings. However, I have been testing some free or freemium software and, so far, nothing
    meets my requirements. My main gripes with the software I tested were the following:

- Some players were simply incapable of importing .wmv files
    - With all players I tested, the video quality was significantly worse after exporting the edited video.
    - Some players did not support resolutions >1080p. The support of 1440p videos would be great!

So I am looking for (paid) software, that solves the above issues. Also, it should come with basic features such as transitions or the ability to add some effects or text to the video.
    I also don't want to spend huge sums on this.

Hopefully you can give me some tips!
    In increasing order of professionalism:

Filmora
    Hitfilm Express
    DaVinci Resolve

All 3 free(mium)
    The cats are watching us...

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mahar View Post
    That could have a lot to do with your export settings. In a fully functional NLE there will be a lot of options for exporting files, some for small file size, some for specific compatibility (e.g. for YouTube) and some for best quality.