Thread: RØDE Filmmaker Kit & Wireless GO Alternatives?

Default RØDE Filmmaker Kit & Wireless GO Alternatives?

Hi I've been renting the RØDE Filmmaker Kit for most of my shoots and I'm considering to just buy one instead. I really love the pure simplicity of it and the quality is equally awesome but in the end I'm sure there's plenty of alternatives. I'm even considering RØDE's own alternative the Wireless GO though for some reason I feel that the Filmmaker Kit still holds my preference.

Do any of you have a good suggestion what I should check out? Preferably a kit that comes with a lav mic included.
    The cats are watching us...

My friend had the Wireless GO - he threw it in the trash after the first shoot.
    It will ruin your audio with the smallest interference. A person can walk through the line of sight from the transmitter and receiver and that part of audio will be shit. If you want to use it in an empty room from vlogs - sure, it's fine i guess. Try using it in an event with people around, cell phones, WiFi etc, audio will be unusable.

I personally hate WiFi audio devices and never use them for client work. It's a guarantee for disaster, especially if you don't record backup audio to some other device.

Quote Originally Posted by RL_Sensei View Post
    My friend had the Wireless GO - he threw it in the trash after the first shoot.
    It will ruin your audio with the smallest interference. A person can walk through the line of sight from the transmitter and receiver and that part of audio will be shit. If you want to use it in an empty room from vlogs - sure, it's fine i guess. Try using it in an event with people around, cell phones, WiFi etc, audio will be unusable.

I personally hate WiFi audio devices and never use them for client work. It's a guarantee for disaster, especially if you don't record backup audio to some other device.

I suspect that's why my preference currently goes out to the Filmmaker Kit instead.

Any others you can recommend around the same price point?

There seem to be a few alternatives, not a lot of comparisons for the ones that caught my interest and nearly everyone seems to vote for the Filmmaker Kit so I'll just go with that one.
    Last edited by Grapes; 01-21-2020 at 09:41 AM.