Thread: Video editing

Default Video editing

Hi ,friends can anyone help me decide o buying a used pc for beginner video editing I want to be able to use premier Pro ,I like to know if the specs on this pc will do or will I have upgrade again thanks in advance.
    The PC has two 6-core CPUs (AMD Opteron 2435 @6x2.6ghz) 12 cores in total.
    16gb RAM
    600w PSU
    500gb HDD with windows 10 installed and activated. Room for 5 more hard drives (I can add more if required)
    GTX 580 gaming Graphics card - older but very powerful still (similar performance to a gtx 1050)
    Last edited by Madris; 01-14-2020 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Put on wrong thread

What a strange config... old server I guess? Seems okay on paper if the price is worth it. As far as I know premiere still doesn't really play nice with dual CPU configurations and it also didn't like AMD much though that seems to have turned in recent years so I doubt it's "optimal" but if that's not your main concern I reckon it'll handle its own alright. Definitely if you stick to Full HD and don't use too many GPU dependant effects. Premiere is still largely CPU oriented.
    RAM is a bit low for a PC but should be enough to get you going. I wouldn't pay more than 200 for a config like that though and would rather look for something more recent and less weird.
    The cats are watching us...

Default Grapes .thanks for advice

Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    What a strange config... old server I guess? Seems okay on paper if the price is worth it. As far as I know premiere still doesn't really play nice with dual CPU configurations and it also didn't like AMD much though that seems to have turned in recent years so I doubt it's "optimal" but if that's not your main concern I reckon it'll handle its own alright. Definitely if you stick to Full HD and don't use too many GPU dependant effects. Premiere is still largely CPU oriented.
    RAM is a bit low for a PC but should be enough to get you going. I wouldn't pay more than 200 for a config like that though and would rather look for something more recent and less weird.

Thank you for help guys