Thread: First video for a while

Default First video for a while

Hi! I thought I'd post my first video (and my first post) for a while. It's meant as a bit of fun but I'd be interested in what you would have done differently / better.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    Hi! I thought I'd post my first video (and my first post) for a while. It's meant as a bit of fun but I'd be interested in what you would have done differently / better.

I personally wouldn't have included the square aspect ratio shots, at least not in this way. If I included them I probably have done two side by side slightly vertically unaligned sliding in from the centre outwards.
    The cats are watching us...

Blog Entries

I also would have lost the square images. I understand the type of vid this is trying to ape, but I'm not sure the cutaways to the parts of the bike add anything for the likely audience (unlike if you were featuring Mark Cavendish). If I was mum or gran I'd want more and/or longer shots of the face - especially concentration/reacton shots.
    I loved the way you'd matched the "can you see the church?" lines with the beat. All it needed was for him to have replaced the word "dad" with "y'all".
    And an Alfred Hitchock moment at the end ... what's not to like?
    Tim

Thanks both! Great points.

Im going to rock the boat here, I can see why you have used the square format short shots, they are cutaways between shots and I like it. It works with the music as well. As for titles that follow and do magical things, they look good too, but i'm always too lazy to play with them. One thing is you do tend to read a sticky title. Maybe if all titles were like this it would have been awesome. But it's great anyway.
    I know nothing about youtube, even less about video
    http://www.youtube.com/user/leokimvideo