Thread: Importing into Premiere CS6 from a DVD

1. Default Importing into Premiere CS6 from a DVD

Importing into video editing programme Premiere CS6. I regularlyimport from one of my DVDs any particular sequence as needed. (theVOB file) I’ve never had a problem until now.

The DVD is in chapters and it's the complete chapter I need. The sequence is 5 minutes long, but each time I import it, I only get the first 11seconds. I tried various ways such as importing direct, copy pasteetc. all to no avail. I know the sequence is there on the DVD as it’sviewed frequently. I’ve even imported the entire DVD to theTimeline but that particular sequence only shows as 11 secs and themain part is missing.
    Can anyone offeradvice in this please?
    Thanks. Wynn.

What generally is considered the first step for any unexplained behaviour in Premiere is to do the "hold ctrl+shift" while booting up Premiere. This is sort of the factory reset function and will often fix things that where supposed to be working but didn't.
    Another option I would explore is to see if I could somehow rip/transcode the DVD before importing it into Premiere. I must admit my actual knowledge about working with DVD's can be considered zero though so my apologies if I'm saying nonsense here. Still the Premiere reset might be worth a shot. Do keep in mind you'll lose custom settings and file/project history.
    The cats are watching us...

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    What generally is considered the first step for any unexplained behaviour in Premiere is to do the "hold ctrl+shift" while booting up Premiere. This is sort of the factory reset function and will often fix things that where supposed to be working but didn't.
    Another option I would explore is to see if I could somehow rip/transcode the DVD before importing it into Premiere. I must admit my actual knowledge about working with DVD's can be considered zero though so my apologies if I'm saying nonsense here. Still the Premiere reset might be worth a shot. Do keep in mind you'll lose custom settings and file/project history.
    Hi Grapes,
    Please excuse delayed acknowledgement of your reply to my query. Been away for a couple of days & Christmas etc. It has been proved that Premiere is not at fault. I passed the disc to a friend and he came up with the same problem and not using Premiere. Clearly something odd about the disc. Not really importand so the plan has been shelved.

Your suggestion about Premiere I had heard about several years ago although had never had cause to use it. Thanks for reminding me of that tip.
    Cheers. Wynn

No problem. I didn't want to bring up the "could it be the DVD" for fear of saying something silly as "have you tried turning it off and on again" and it's a good reminder that sometimes it's actually worth to try the obvious first
    The cats are watching us...