Thread: 360 VR point tracking/masking in After Effects?

Default 360 VR point tracking/masking in After Effects?

So here's the thing. I'm working on a VR project and it's shot with an Insta360 One X that was handheld during a lot of the shots. Unfortunately the stitching isn't perfect and the actors' hands that hold the camera are looking a bit off. Now they've asked me to see if I can put a light over it and I'm struggling to find a way how to do it without making it all look wrong.
    What I'm basically trying to do is track the hand. Place a null object over it. Parent that null object to a pre rendered flare. Now in regular 2D that's the easiest thing but in monoscopic VR it's truly doing my head in.
    Anyone got any useful advice, tutorials,tips?
    The cats are watching us...

2. Default

A GPS tracking system is basically a GPS receiver calculating its position and then relaying that information via another medium such as a cellular connection or a satellite uplink. It may also store the information locally for later review. You also can track package https://pkge.net with that.
    Last edited by Antagonist; 05-29-2020 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
    So nobody knows?

Nope however I did find out that with the Insta360 studio (or at least the current one) you can place a graphic over the nadir of the camera where the actor's hand is. Unfortunately the project was cancelled by the client because there where too much complications. Fortunately they paid for the time and effort regardless.
    The cats are watching us...