Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'The last vestiges of hope' ambient video

Default 'The last vestiges of hope' ambient video

Hello all,

It's been ages since I posted on the forum, I have been lurking though from time to time.

This is my latest figurative effort a collaboration with K.Thorn

I made the sound track using Rob Jackson's iPad app 'Moodscaper' and there's a ekphrastic poem to go with the video.

A few weeks ago I came across the term 'Ambient video' and realised that's what I have been creating for the past four years.

This is a low quality render and we offer a 720p version free to anyone interested. So far we have sent one to a collector in the USA.

Cheers
    Last edited by JemRaid; 11-06-2019 at 11:37 AM.

Trippy! I'd have loved this back in my student days
    The cats are watching us...

Blog Entries

I rather though ambient video should have some element of movement within the frame. This appears to be all stills more of an ambient slideshow! I enjoyed the music and whilst some fo the photose were mildly interesting it didn't really do anything for me. Then again, unlike Grapes, i didn't have any student days
    Tim

Hello Grapes,

Thanks for your nice comment, I'm so pleased that my video released your inner youthfulness.

In a similar way, I was a fan of Tangerine Dream in the 70/80's, after that they left their roots behind and went all 'popified'. Some weeks ago I came across their newish trio harking back to their roots with a wall of full range sound, wonderful stuff.

Hello Tim,

It is all stills montaged in Photoshop, I thought the same until I had my first screening (not this video but another) at a gallery in Sheffield, the local university across the road has a film and television course. I was able to ask the students and their tutor who came across to look at my video if indeed they thought my work was a video and got a unanimous yes. To say I was pleased about that is putting it mildly, I'd suddenly become a video artist and mightily glad to be so.

Originally I posed for the figurative bits and the video was in 4:3 format. It was screened at;
    The Lemonade Gallery, Windsor, UK
    Filmideo 2016, Index Art Center, Washington Street, Newark, New Jersey, USA
    and The Video Dance Center of Burgundy at "Le Festival International de Vidéo Danse de Bourgogne"
    And was their their video of the week.

The ambience comes from the slow cross fades and their durational nature requires a longer commitment of time. Please consider it an antidote to the freneticism that pervades our society.

Cheers both and thanks for the comments I enjoyed the opportunity to explain - J

Quote Originally Posted by JemRaid View Post
    Tangerine Dream
    Yes that kind of stuff

Hello Grapes

Here's one of TD's called FOUR DEGREES PARALLAX - 11:27PM SESSION
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjAkfFODTSQ

I used 4K Video Downloader and then Audacity and put it on a CD. It's one of the few recordings that sounds better on speakers than on headphones and the only time I've heard sounds on the outside of the speakers.

Cheers - J

No student days? You know pot is legal in Canada now - every day is a student day - why don’t you come for a visit?

Plus it was tubular bells for me - my age I mean

Sorry I just realized you guys aren’t Canadian - by “pot” I mean - “Mary Jane” - “Ganja” - “chronic” - “weed” - “reefer madness”

Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    No student days? You know pot is legal in Canada now - every day is a student day - why don’t you come for a visit?
    Illegality hasn't stopped the availability that much to be honest...

Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    Plus it was tubular bells for me - my age I mean

And for several generations after I think.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast