Thread: How to record a screen capture of a webpage being scrolled down without stuter / lag

Default How to record a screen capture of a webpage being scrolled down without stuter / lag

Hi everyone, I am trying to record a screen capture of a webpage being scrolled down in a browser to basically show off different products on a page.
    I have tried different browser addons, scrolling using the middle button and even auto scroll and they all seem okay during the scroll.
    But after recording it and importing it into a video editing software like Filmora I can see that the scrolling looks jittery / has stutter.
    I have tried different screen recording software and they all result in the same thing.
    Does anyone have an idea why this would occur?
    Any suggestions or alternatives to record a video screen capture of a web page being scrolled down without jitter?
    I don't think I can individually screenshot the long web page and then import the pictures and scroll down in Filmora right?

Quote Originally Posted by megaman View Post
    I don't think I can individually screenshot the long web page and then import the pictures and scroll down in Filmora right?
    I actually think this should be very possible allthough I have no Filmora experience. Just make sure you stitch all the individual screenshots together into one long image and I guess most editors that offer some form of position keyframing can pull that off.
    The cats are watching us...

3. Default

Grapes' suggestion is a good one, capture multiple stills, stitch them together and keyframe a scroll.

If I wanted a realistic capture I'd probably use my Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle to capture the actual video signal going to my monitor.

What I normally do is use my Android tablet and set the browser to "force desktop" mode. Then I use a screen recorder app. The reason I do it this way is because swipe scrolling looks a lot smoother than mouse scrolling and the app works really well on my tablet. I think I use this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...screenrecorder but I couldn't find my tablet and I just went for the app that looked vaguely familiar when I searched "screen recorder". There's a million and one screen recorder apps though so I could have been mistaken.

If I do happen to record on PC I use "ShareX" but usually I use that to quickly explain something to e.g. a freelancer.
    The cats are watching us...