Thread: My one year travel video Spain, Sicily, Rome, Alps, Poland,

Default My one year travel video Spain, Sicily, Rome, Alps, Poland,

Guys I recently made video with mavic pro, sony a6300,a5100 using kit lens and sigma f1.4 30 mm. Can you give me some feedback about my work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diSZu7JuYqs

Honestly one of the better travel vids I've seen (in my opinion) and I'm saying that as someone who's generally not interested in watching travel footage.

For me the cut-off point for my attention curve lay around 3 minutes but I guess cutting back a year's worth of footage into just 6 minutes is a challenge in itself.
    The cats are watching us...

Blog Entries

I'm afraid I can't be as positive as Grapes.
    There are some nice scenery shots and lots of rather mundane shots.
    Far too many shots for my taste of the backs of people.
    The "club" shots have a good atmosphere but could be clubs anywhere.
    The (sometimes stunning and sometimes atmospheric) scenery is presumably specific to the locations but you don't tell me where each place is - and I suspect in 20 years you won't remember where each place is.
    Put some clues in. Show "club" banners, show roadsigns. Show your companions faces or those of people you meet.

As it stands it could just be a collection of any stock footage.

EDIT: OK I've just watched again and I was a bit harsh (however that was obviously the impression I got). There are moments when we do see your companions and moments where you do attempt to create some sort of structure. But I still doubt you'll remember who they are and where you are in 20 years.
    Last edited by TimStannard; 10-01-2019 at 03:16 PM.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    There are moments when we do see your companions and moments where you do attempt to create some sort of structure.
    Which was what set it apart from the main bulk for me
    The cats are watching us...

TimStannard - Thak you very much for your constructive feedback. Its always good to listen to somebody more experience than myself. Those shoots of "people's back's" I think you'r right. Idea was to show that its continues jurney. Also becouse my friends feel shy when im fillmin them.

Put some clues in. Show "club" banners, show roadsigns. Show your companions faces or those of people you meet.
    I will use that advise for sure. My problem is that I make a lot of shoots but most of those are not so good. I feel better when editing than filming. Thanks for good advices!!

Honestly one of the better travel vids I've seen (in my opinion) and I'm saying that as someone who's generally not interested in watching travel footage.
    - Thank you Grapes!
    For me the cut-off point for my attention curve lay around 3 minutes but I guess cutting back a year's worth of footage into just 6 minutes is a challenge in itself.
    yes that true its too long I will try to make it shorter next time
    Last edited by pawloowski; 10-14-2019 at 04:44 PM.