Thread: video from Thassos island of Greece with Panasonic g9

1. Default video from Thassos island of Greece with Panasonic g9

hallo to everyone!
    this is a video from my trip at Thassos island at Greece
    with Panasonic g9 and leica 12 60 lens.
    enjoy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nceIVdoZDU

Some lovely imagery there, but for casual viewing it goes on way too long. Also i'm not sure why you've included the still images towards the end of the video.

I guess for a sightseeing video there is nothing wrong with it though, good job.
    Big Llama Media - Video Production Services
    http://bigllama.co.uk

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by clay_9 View Post
    Some lovely imagery there, but for casual viewing it goes on way too long. Also i'm not sure why you've included the still images towards the end of the video.

I guess for a sightseeing video there is nothing wrong with it though, good job.
    thanks a lot for your comment!!

Blog Entries

I agree with clay_9. However, it did hold my interest for lomger than I expected, primarily because you mixed some people shots in with the impressive landscapes. There's an old adage in film making "faces not places". Work more on that. We like to see the reactions of people. Anyone can take a photo of the Taj Mahal, but very few people can take a photo of the Taj Mahal with my wife looking at it. I'm not suggesting you omit the purely landscape shots - far from it - juet make sure you et some human interaction/reaction in there.

You clearly had issues with the camera frame rate and the electic lights. I'm guessing the G9 was shooting at 60fps (and you made good use if the ability to slow this down on playback) whereas the local AC system was 50Hz. Whilstthese shots were well composed and would have looked fantastic, I found this far too distracting and would have left them out. (Better would have been to have established the problem and fixed it, if possible, when shooting).

I did not like the hosing at 3.47. Unless you are follwing action, in my book, you should never reverse a pan. At best, the viewer thinks you've no idea what you want them to focus on, at worst it feels like you are going backwards.

Be careful with your choice of music. Both pieces were pleasent and fitted the pace of the video but both were equally inapproriate. Here we are in the Mediteranean on the European side and we have music from what sound like Cuba and Africa! It's just plain wrong

The still images at the end are stunning but have no place in a video. Still images shoudl be motivated (eg a cut from a video of a photographer shooting to the subject of their shot) or material where it is clearly impossible for the videographer to have got the shot (eg archive photos, shots where video cameras are not allowed)
    Tim

5. Default

Man that G9 can take some incredible shots I amazed at the footage you captured in the video. Although for your audience I think the clips are drawn out too long and can make some lose interest. Just cut the best part of the clips down to about 2 to 3 seconds. The video could have been shorter and still able to grasp the beauty of the island. I love the footage though