Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exploring Thailand - My FIRST YT Video

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rathi View Post
    I guess this is not my kind of forum. Good day to you.
    When will I learn not to spend half an hour watching and writing considered opinion on a complete stranger's film at their request with a view to helping them improve?
    My next question to him was to ask which forums is he being so well received in so I can go and look to get a comparison. I guess i'll never know.
    Ho hum.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    You may well be right! I can't speak for others, but I am certainly of an older generation. I also prefer visual storytelling rather than commentary, but this is not the same as just showing pictures to music which is what a lot of modern travel videos seem to be.

I'm not trying to persuade you otherwise, but just to keep an open mind: Whilst your film had a definite opening and closing, I cannot find any structure here. There is nothing which makes me want to keep watching to see what happens next. It would make little difference if you changed the order of the clips, added some or removed some. This is fine if your audience is just people who want to dip in and out, but that's not filmmaking (or any other art form for me). It should take the viewer on a journey from beginning to end.

But the biggest issue is that I learned nothing about Thailand. Oh, and I was very frustrated that we never saw you travel companion's face
    Thought so. Easy to tell that you from an older generation. Good thing you're not a part of my audience then. Well, I'm glad I haven't met you before, because if this video changed just a few second differently I wouldn't have reached this far as I am now. Thanks for trying. Bye.

EDIT:

I suppose any other forums out there are more friendly and accommodating than this one.
    Last edited by Rathi; Today at 01:23 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12