Thread: Filmora green screen question

Question Filmora green screen question

Hello, guys! Can you help me with an advice please?? I am editing video that was make in front of green screen in Filmora 9. But can't get rid of green edges on my body and hair. Is it fixable??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y5f...nX5mWFHH197sgg

Blog Entries

Probably not. It looks like Filmora's green screen capabilities are fairly limited though you would be able to improve by filming more carefully with green screen in mind.

1. Background should be as evenly lit and consistent in colour as possible.
    2. Light the screen first and light the subject separately.
    3. keep the subject a good distance from the green screen (2m +) to reduce the "spillage" of the green onto the subject.
    4. Backlight your subject to further reduce the chace of "spillage"
    5. Use a higher definition camera than you are going to produce in (ie if producing 1080P shoot in 4K
    6. Use a camera with 4:4:4 or 4:2:2 sub sampling

The less defined the separation between your subject and your green screen, the more you will rely on capabilities within the software and the better capabilities tend to be more expensive. I've found those in HitFilmPro adequate for my needs. I also managed with Vegas Pro's secondary colour corrector, though this was not quite as good and required more tinkering.

As a more general comment, even if this is an instructional video you need to have a variety of shots - different angles and a few close ups - to kee the viewers' interest. The fancy background is all very well, but the attention needs to be on the subject, not distracted by what pertty patterns are in the background.
    Last edited by TimStannard; 07-25-2019 at 05:14 PM.
    Tim

[QUOTE=TimStannard;226999 lik
    5. Use a higher definition camera than you are going to produce in (ie if producing 1080P shoot in 4K
    .[/QUOTE]

What is the reason behind this Tim ?
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post
    What is the reason behind this Tim ?
    Go here and request the free ebook.Page 36 onwards has part of the answer (it's an explanation of what RL_Sensei was on about in another thread) although i'm sure I saw a Barry Green video where he was specific about it being beneficial for Green Screen.

I've not tried this. I really ought to compare the (very good) results from my 4:2:2 1080P Canon XF100 with downconverted output from thmy Panasonic X1 (UHD)
    Tim