Thread: Performing in the RAW

Default Performing in the RAW

I have removed this video and will remove myself from this forum.
    Last edited by worddigger; 07-18-2019 at 11:53 AM.

I tried to watch this but couldn't get past you proudly standing by your symbol of hate. I have a hard time exchanging ideas with the enemies of humanity, particularly an American standing against our American ideals, liberty, equality and the pursuit of happiness, that by now are the shared ideals of the world. Call me overly patriotic, but with all the serious problems we are having right now it is hard to take it sitting down. I will not be civil to those that foment incivility. Maybe I could say nothing, but it's not on me when you could have just as easily filmed elsewhere. You have a lot of thinking to do.

Quote Originally Posted by jochicago View Post
    I tried to watch this but couldn't get past you proudly standing by your symbol of hate. I have a hard time exchanging ideas with the enemies of humanity, particularly an American standing against our American ideals, liberty, equality and the pursuit of happiness, that by now are the shared ideals of the world. Call me overly patriotic, but with all the serious problems we are having right now it is hard to take it sitting down. I will not be civil to those that foment incivility. Maybe I could say nothing, but it's not on me when you could have just as easily filmed elsewhere. You have a lot of thinking to do.
    That flag is only a symbol of hate in the minds of those who have been brainwashed to believe such ignorant nonsense. You need to think about that.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by worddigger View Post
    That flag is only a symbol of hate in the minds of those who have been brainwashed to believe such ignorant nonsense. You need to think about that.
    Lots of people use that symbol to show their support for hate. That use goes back to its origins. Although it has been used in more innocent ways, the negative connotations never really went away. They seem to be making quite a resurgence in recent years.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by worddigger View Post
    I have removed this video and will remove myself from this forum.
    Bit of a shame. There goes our opportunity for open discussion.
    This forum has always been about the content of video in terms of how well the message is conveyed, or the technical aspects. It has never sought to prevent people expressing their beliefs without fear of reprimant. A classic "I don't agree with what you say, but i defend your right to say it".

If people find the flag a symbol of hate - they do. You can try to persuade them otherwise or you can ignore them. Removing everything seems a bit of a cop out, as if you're closing your mind to other opinions.

And that's a shame as I've always found the tangential conversations on this forum both fascinating and civil.
    Tim

6. Default

I really tried to be as evenhanded as possible and give the benefit of the doubt. But I can't disregard history and current events, and I can understand why that flag would trigger strong negative reactions. I'm rather surprised the OP didn't simply acknowledge that the flag had been used to express some really negative things and disavow them.