Thread: DVD Architect DRIVING ME NUTS!

Default DVD Architect DRIVING ME NUTS!

I need some help from the experts with DVD Architect 1.0.

What is happening is when I have my project good to go, my menu titles are within the safe area, I hit the ''make dvd'' buttton and I start by getting a few messages that some of the audio files will be compressed. I guess that's all fine because on the help file it says that the program will gladly do that foryou. Then I hit ''next'' button and it says "the selected path is not valid. It contains files or folders other than Video TS or Audio TS. If I play arond with files until I find one that it will accept, then when I hit Next I don't see my DVD player selection box available, it's shaded. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

I've also tried to burn my videos to Nero to no success. Everything will be going fine, I'll add the files to Video TS, hit the burn button, but then a pop up comes asking me to save image to "nero image files (*.nrg). Anyone see the problem here??

Lost as a goose in a hailstorm.

thnx

Blog Entries

Default Re: DVD Architect DRIVING ME NUTS!

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyeua
    ...."the selected path is not valid. It contains files or folders other than Video TS or Audio TS.
    You need an EMPTY folder to create the DVD into. I usually create a folder on a different drive and browse DVDA to that.

Dont worry about the files being recompressed. DVDA does it all for you.

When DVDA completes the creation process, open your DVD player software and direct it to open a dvd on hard disc rather than an actual DVD. Navigate to your folder, hey presto.

To burn the disc, select the create DVD button again and use the previously prepared button. Again navigate to the folder and all will be fine.

Hope this helps, Good Luck!

Hey, thanx for the answer...

I didn't quite get what you said here:

"When DVDA completes the creation process, open your DVD player software and direct it to open a dvd on hard disc rather than an actual DVD. Navigate to your folder, hey presto. "

My DVD player software is Power DVD, is that what you are talking about? How do I go about doing this??

Thanks

Blog Entries

Hi Tony.

I don't use Power Dvd myself, but usually, there is a button somewhere that will choose the source of the DVD to play. Normally of course, the player will just play a DVD disc as you put it in. But, if you find the `source` or `select source` button, you can browse to a dvd on hard disc. Just point it to the folder and it will open and play. After all, a dvd just contains the same type of files you have created in the folder.

A bit of a confoluted answer, but I can't really think of a better way to describe it.