Thread: Good video software that burns blue ray

Default Good video software that burns blue ray

Hi
    I've been a Pinnacle user for over 10 years, but 22 ultimate will not burn to blue ray(won't produce a BDMR file). After 3 weeks Corel can't find a solution, so I tried Power Director. I spent several hours editing a project, but when I went to reload my saved project, it would freeze at 80%. At this stage Cyberlink also cannot solve my problem.

I' m
    at a loss. Is there any fully featured editing software out there, that is reliable, not full of glitches, and will burn my projects to blue ray. I've avoided Adobe premier pro cc because you have to buy a liscence and it costs an arm and a leg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oldevan View Post
    I' m
    at a loss. Is there any fully featured editing software out there, that is reliable, not full of glitches, and will burn my projects to blue ray. I've avoided Adobe premier pro cc because you have to buy a liscence and it costs an arm and a leg
    DVD Architect. Sold as part of Vegas Pro - not sure if it's still available separately.
    Vegas Movie Studio also has teh ability to burn BluRays

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.co...s/#productMenu
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    DVD Architect. Sold as part of Vegas Pro - not sure if it's still available separately.
    VEGAS DVD Architect (aka DVD Architect 7) is sold separately, but as Tim's link shows you could get Vegas Movie Studio 16 Platinum, which comes with DVD Architect, at almost half the price of a separate purchase. The current offer also includes Sound Forge Audio Studio 12, which is the last but one version. The DVD Architect product page is in the Add-ons on the linked page. The MS Platinum and Vegas Pro (not VP Edit!) purchases include the same DVD Architect version which is sold separately.

Default Thanks to those who replied and offered advice

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.co...s/#productMenu
    Thanks to all who took the time to reply and offer advice.

Thanks for the reply. Moving up a level, what do you think of Vague Pro 16 currently,, $399?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldevan View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Moving up a level, what do you think of Vague Pro 16 currently,, $399?
    The "new purchase" price of VEGAS Pro 16 is currently USD 299. The Suite version with some add-ons is USD 399.
    Test (as always) with the free time-limited trial version if you really need the features the software has.
    Last edited by vkmast; 06-01-2019 at 08:43 AM.

An update regarding VEGAS DVD Architect (a.k.a. DVD A 7) from MAGIX. Since the release of VEGAS Pro 18 it's not any more bundled with any version of VEGAS Pro or VEGAS Movie Studio. It's not listed in the product pages as a separate purchase option either.

You can still buy it but you need to contact MAGIX Sales directly. The customer support on the software is said to be still available.
    Last edited by vkmast; 08-09-2020 at 09:38 AM.

Blog Entries

That's interesting and useful to know vkmast. I suppose DVD/BluRay burning is becoming a bit more niche nowadays (for home users)
    Tim