Thread: Automatic Video Editing Software

Default Automatic Video Editing Software

Hi folks,

I'm new to the world of video capture and treated myself to a GoPro Hero 7. GoPro have an app called Quik that does automatic video editing which I really like and is great to use.... the problem is the max movie length (on PC) is 60 sec.

Is there software out there that does the same as Quik but allows longer movies? i.e.allows you to select highlights from your clips, automatically adds transitions and music in time to the clip?

I'm basically looking for a easy one stop shop editor with the above features, most importantly my own highlights selected from the clips. I could settle for automatic transitions and music as this makes the edits look really professional! i.e. when the music beat changes with the video.

Might be a big ask but thought I'd go to the pro's

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by GoProHero View Post
    Hi folks,

I'm new to the world of video capture and treated myself to a GoPro Hero 7. GoPro have an app called Quik that does automatic video editing which I really like and is great to use.... the problem is the max movie length (on PC) is 60 sec.

Is there software out there that does the same as Quik but allows longer movies? i.e.allows you to select highlights from your clips, automatically adds transitions and music in time to the clip?

I'm basically looking for a easy one stop shop editor with the above features, most importantly my own highlights selected from the clips. I could settle for automatic transitions and music as this makes the edits look really professional! i.e. when the music beat changes with the video.

Might be a big ask but thought I'd go to the pro's

Cheers
    Hi,
    Yes, there is such software. In fact, the last Avengers: Endgame movies was created entirely with this software. No actual editing was done, they simply imported the clips they shot, selected which ones they liked and voila - out came the highest grossing movie ever made. The Software did all the cuts, transitions, visual FX... it even composed the music to match the scenes and timed key moments exactly to the beat!
    It's great - i got it from a top Hollywood producer, but only under the condition that i don't say what it's called!

So, sorry! I can't tell you the name of it!

Great, what a clever response - all I'm getting though is you're a bell end!

Thanks for trying

For everyone else I've found Muvee Reveal Encore to do all of the above. Only down side is the standard templates are a bit rubbish and it's expensive (still using the trial). Seems like Quik is in a league of it's own with great automation (AI I think they call it). I'll keep searching and post back my findings incase anyone else is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by GoProHero View Post
    I'll keep searching and post back my findings incase anyone else is interested.
    Yep, I'll be lurking for updates on this.
    The cats are watching us...