Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Angel Meadow

I had missed this one - really enjoyed it / the narrator seemed to be standing too far from the camera (too small in the frame) but thatís all I noticed

Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    the narrator seemed to be standing too far from the camera
    Ordinarily id agree with you but this is about the location ...so surely the more we see of it the better?
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

over 100 changes including some re-recorded footage

latest edit...

Last edited by enc; 07-09-2019 at 09:16 AM.
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Blog Entries

I know you've said final cut, but please do just one thing - put a black line and/or drop shadow or make a lower third background to make your captions stand out just a bit. As it stands parts of them fade into the film. Making them stand out a bit more means the viewer won't have to work to read them. Don't get me wrong, they're not especially difficult to read, but anything which makes it easier for the viewer has to be a good thing, yeah? (Of course they're clear to you - you know what they say!)

Other than that, I liked the first version and I think this is absolutely superb now. This was the first time I listened on something better than 2.1 PC speakers and I have to say the sound design is a real work of art. Technically all the elements are where they should be - the narration is beautifully clear and each element leaves space for other elements. No conflicts. Good use of ambient sound. Superb choices of music which is edited in to peak at just the right places (I stand by my dislike of the unmusical edit of "Abide with Me", though)

Nothing left to say. Well done!
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I know you've said final cut, but please do just one thing - put a black line and/or drop shadow or make a lower third background to make your captions stand out just a bit. As it stands parts of them fade into the film. Making them stand out a bit more means the viewer won't have to work to read them. Don't get me wrong, they're not especially difficult to read, but anything which makes it easier for the viewer has to be a good thing, yeah? (Of course they're clear to you - you know what they say!)

Other than that, I liked the first version and I think this is absolutely superb now. This was the first time I listened on something better than 2.1 PC speakers and I have to say the sound design is a real work of art. Technically all the elements are where they should be - the narration is beautifully clear and each element leaves space for other elements. No conflicts. Good use of ambient sound. Superb choices of music which is edited in to peak at just the right places (I stand by my dislike of the unmusical edit of "Abide with Me", though)

Nothing left to say. Well done!
    Yes it says final cut but i doubt it will be
    Thanks fir the kind words Tim ... cheques in the post but abide with me will stay ... as is

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234