Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Angel Meadow

Default Angel Meadow

NEW VERSION POSTED PAGE 3

.. new video ive been working on... any constructive criticism welcome

Last edited by enc; 06-10-2019 at 02:34 PM.
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Hi, Enc, very into history, a great and very indepth mini documentary on Angel Meadow,
    and that Dickens worked at the grants wearhouse!, the old photos were nice
    to see to get a feel of the place.

- The first part of speaking at 0:50 maybe should have been cut out, as the tree blocked you from speaking, the rest of the film all great!
    - Well spoken and clear, nice shots and camera angles,
    - Music was very fitting

Last edited by ianharding; 05-20-2019 at 10:38 PM.

Really enjoyed that! The quote near the end was hard to read with all the pictures behind it. A semi transparent background might help there. Looking forward to the next one!
    The cats are watching us...

Well done, and very interesting!

I spotted a couple spelling errors... when it mentions people living in "sellers", I believe that should be "cellars". Also, in the long quote, the word "emphasise" should be spelled "emphasize".

And as Grapes mentioned, that long quote is a bit hard to read against the photos.

Quote Originally Posted by ianharding View Post
    Hi, Enc, very into history, a great and very indepth mini documentary on Angel Meadow,
    and that Dickens worked at the grants wearhouse!, the old photos were nice
    to see to get a feel of the place.

- The first part of speaking at 0:50 maybe should have been cut out, as the tree blocked you from speaking, the rest of the film all great!
    - Well spoken and clear, nice shots and camera angles,
    - Music was very fitting

Thanks for the feedback ian.
    Btw, that's not me on screen, I'm behind the camera.
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    Really enjoyed that! The quote near the end was hard to read with all the pictures behind it. A semi transparent background might help there. Looking forward to the next one!
    Thsnks grapes glad you enjoyed it. The Engels onscreen quote is to be replaced with a spoken passage (same words) Lydia Becker's spoken passage is to be re recorded too.
    Last edited by enc; 05-22-2019 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Dunakin View Post
    Well done, and very interesting!

I spotted a couple spelling errors... when it mentions people living in "sellers", I believe that should be "cellars". Also, in the long quote, the word "emphasise" should be spelled "emphasize".

And as Grapes mentioned, that long quote is a bit hard to read against the photos.
    Thanks fir pointing out the spelling error. One of the reasons I post my videos here first.
    I'm not sure if I'll be keeping those little info snippet titles in the final cut.
    Last edited by enc; 05-22-2019 at 06:49 AM.

I'd be interested to know if previously, you didn't know Angle Meadow, did we get the story across ? Does the edit need sharpening by deleting some of the "fluff" ?

Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post
    I'd be interested to know if previously, you didn't know Angle Meadow, did we get the story across ? Does the edit need sharpening by deleting some of the "fluff" ?
    I didn't know anything about it, and definitely felt that you got the story across.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post
    ... new vid ive been working on... any constructive criticism welcome
    Good job overall.
    I liked the effort in getting B-roll shots.
    Well executed broadcast style production.

A few shots were overexposed on the subject, but it seems the camera did not have decent DR. You can see a image quality drop in the sunny scenes where the camera can't handle contrast and breaks the image.
    But that's mostly gear limitations at this point.

The only thing i would fine tune is the voice over audio with some EQ adjustments. It seems a cheap lav was used and you can hear the essssssses a lot and it's overall strong on the treble side. A more balanced audio would feel better, esp the higher frequencies feel too strong. But i am not an audio guy, so. Maybe someone else here can help you on that side more.
    The first word that was said @0:10 min felt like someone screeching nails on a chalkboard, try to work on that with maybe a crossfade or something to easy in to the voice over.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast