Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Angel Meadow

BTW. bonus points for anybody who noticed John in the lowry painting
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post
    Thanks for the feedback ian.
    Btw, that's not me on screen, I'm behind the camera.
    Hi, Enc, I forgot that you were behind the camera, great steady camera movements

Blog Entries

Oh yes, tracking is the space between letters.
    Tim

New version ..

Last edited by enc; 06-10-2019 at 02:32 PM.
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Blog Entries

Great! Seriously, a fantastic little film that no-one but an amateur could make. It takes full advantage of the freedom that comes from making an amateur movie: no restriction on subject, no need to fill a certain time slot, no need to answer to anyone. Film making without compromise!
    I'm still bugged by the un musical cutting of "Abide with me" but most other niggles have either been dealt with or I faile dto notice them second time around (so they'reclearly not that important to me). I liked the 2.4D shot at 4.51, but feel there should be another plane for the foreground figure in the foreground.
    Oh, something I can't unsee now I've noticed it - the reflections of your hards in the shot at 2:36 - it's a lovely shot, but any chance you can re-shoot - somehow avoiding reflection?
    I really hope you enter this into club and regional competitions and BIAFF next year.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Great! Seriously, a fantastic little film that no-one but an amateur could make. It takes full advantage of the freedom that comes from making an amateur movie: no restriction on subject, no need to fill a certain time slot, no need to answer to anyone. Film making without compromise!
    I'm still bugged by the un musical cutting of "Abide with me" but most other niggles have either been dealt with or I faile dto notice them second time around (so they'reclearly not that important to me). I liked the 2.4D shot at 4.51, but feel there should be another plane for the foreground figure in the foreground.
    Oh, something I can't unsee now I've noticed it - the reflections of your hards in the shot at 2:36 - it's a lovely shot, but any chance you can re-shoot - somehow avoiding reflection?
    I really hope you enter this into club and regional competitions and BIAFF next year.
    You have to hold the camera some how I did experiment on the day. The only way to avoid this was to stand further back and zoom in. This had two negative effects...You couldn't see the grave stones clearly and the zooming exaggerated camera shake. In the original edit, I'd considered not using the clip as its quite long and maybe holds a bit too long at the end...
    Re BIAFF did I mention I entered The Ravine last year ? It was pretty much slated (3stars) some of the criticism I had to agree with others I wondered if the judge had ever seen a modern documentary

Blog Entries

You have to hold the camera some how I did experiment on the day.
    Fair enough. I definitely do not recommend standing back and zooming for exactly the reasons you state. It's easy for me to say now, but black gloves (and all clothes) would go a long way to hiding this.
    Re BIAFF did I mention I entered The Ravine last year ? It was pretty much slated (3stars) some of the criticism I had to agree with others I wondered if the judge had ever seen a modern documentary
    Do not forget three stars means a competently made film showing a good understanding of film making. This is not to be sneezed at (although when you see some films awarded 4 or 5 stars you can wonder ...) I've PM'd you.
    Tim

Blog Entries

Question: Slow zoom at 7:36 - in camera or in post? Very smooth!
    Tim

It's easy for me to say now, but black gloves (and all clothes) would go a long way to hiding this.

Do not forget tyou.
    Good call

Question: Slow zoom at 7:36 - in camera or in post? Very smooth!
    All I'm saying is, I wish my 9 year old sd700 could zoom like that

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123