Thread: How to render a hi-res compressed video into a 14x13px fully pixelated one/no blur?

Default How to render a hi-res compressed video into a 14x13px fully pixelated one?

TVset-ex.jpgHow does one make a hi-res compressed video into a say 14x13px fully pixelated one, with clearly visible 14 pixels by 13.? Interesting little problem I'm having a hard time solving. The output resolution is not the issue, it can be 23x13px, 50x13px. The point is how to get the pixelated view? When I play this tiny video, view is blurred.

Using Camtasia btw.
    Last edited by Oliver (pl); 05-10-2019 at 11:28 PM.

2. Default

In Vegas Pro I might use "Witness Protection" to get that effect.

Nah, pixelation effects don't work, whatever the software it seems, too low resolution/13x14px. Even though the video looks pixelated and as it should in editors, rendered one when played remains blurry as hell, in Camtasia at least.

4. Default

Is this what you're trying to do?

Yeah, but at 13x14px resolution and with full sized pixels, I see bottom pixels are cut in the video. Thanks for the test but we think we found the solution, about to test it.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver (pl) View Post
    Yeah, but at 13x14px resolution and with full sized pixels, I see bottom pixels are cut in the video. Thanks for the test but we think we found the solution, about to test it.
    Well, now you've moved the goalposts. My solution came a lot closer to meeting your original criteria than you seem willing to acknowledge, and a bit of cropping and resizing could have gotten it even closer. If nothing else I demonstrated that your dismissal of my suggestion was incorrect.

It's unlikely you can output a standard aspect ratio with such large blocks without cutting something off, unless of course you do 16x9 blocks for 16:9 aspect ratio etc., or stretch the blocks so they're not square. To get whole blocks with some other ratio you'll have to use a custom aspect ratio on the output.

Whether your solution is closer or not I guess depends on this video's resolution. Having it pixelated doesn't mean much if the resolution is high. If your video is near our desired resolution then yes, it is definitely getting closer. But like I said, we think we found the best solution, one of the guys managed to get the clean/sharp custom ar 13x14px AVI format, no blur whatsoever. Exactly what we need, though the size is a bit higher than expected but never mind, if it works, great.

So, once again, I appreciate your effort here but as said, we got it.