Thread: Red

Default Red

A friend of mine asked me to help her with an editing project she was working on - she had a Red (nice camera) and ended up using me in a cutaway - lots of fun and the first time Iíve been on camera in 6k

Blog Entries

More than a cutaway, mate! looks like you're the Devil!
    Tim

I liked the effort! So - good job there!

But i am also a nitpicking perfectionist, so here we go

• First scene where the girl is walking and we hear typing - i wish it would show her typing the msg in the msg box. It feels like it's missing in the scene, considering everything else that follows. Don't show the enire msg being typed, but the msg box and first letters or 1-2 words being typed should be there.
    • I think every phone OS shows new messages pop below the old ones and the old ones are pushed upwards. In the video it was inverted and it subconsciously made me feel like i am seeing something that's "wrong". Watching it a second time - it annoyed me even more.
    • The dust on the answering machine - was that intentional or was it just not cleaned for the scene?
    • I wish a diffusion layer would have been added on the light in the scene where the door opens. The effect would have been better instead of the obvious round light source.
    • After the whole dramatic middle section of the video - the timestamp on the text massages stayed the same 2:40 PM as it was before the whole sequence? Why? It should have been at least 2:42 PM to make a little bit more sense. If it was meant to be as a parallel time sequence that happened during the same time those people where texting, then there was something missing in the transition to establish that. Some kind of dreamy transition look as is used in movies to establish a dream or past sequence to indicate that while that sequence is shown, time stops for the main character.

And the big one.
    • For a RED and the whole vibe of the story - i would have liked to see a MUCH MORE cinematic color edit. This looks way too much like a video. It screams cinema, but it doesn't deliver the feel (image vise).

RL

I’m not sure about the dust on the answering machine - I know that Linda, James, Theo and Katie spent the weekend building the set and the dust may have been from the build - Linda bought the dollhouse online and spent an entire day putting it together, painting it and lighting it

I don’t know much about colors, but Theo did a great job of casting the right side of my face in shadow - I had been treated with liquid nitrogen a few days before and still had some burn marks - I don’t know where Meghan got the casket and, knowing her, I’m almost afraid to ask