Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Genesis 1:2 Hermeneutics

Default Genesis 1:2 Hermeneutics

This is my first animated lecture production exclusively using the Davinci Resolve 15-16 Studio editing platform.

Blog Entries

Welcome back Digger!
    What I really liked about this video was the crispness of the text. The white text with subdued yellow for emphasis worked really well. I'd like to know how much, if any of the motion graphics you freated in Resolve/Fusion.
    My biggest problem with the video was you voice! You have a fantastic voice but here it sounds way over processed and very unnatural. If I was to advise you to do one thing with this video, it would be to re-do the V/O.
    Tim

3. Default

Very clever in the Geologic Facts "vs." Evolution Theory bit co-opting the marriage equality symbol and negating it with a slash (stroke).

https://www.hrc.org/hrc-story/about-our-logo

It appears to be a trademark:

https://trademarks.justia.com/877/18/n-87718526.html
    Last edited by bouldersoundguy; 05-03-2019 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Welcome back Digger!
    What I really liked about this video was the crispness of the text. The white text with subdued yellow for emphasis worked really well. I'd like to know how much, if any of the motion graphics you freated in Resolve/Fusion.
    My biggest problem with the video was you voice! You have a fantastic voice but here it sounds way over processed and very unnatural. If I was to advise you to do one thing with this video, it would be to re-do the V/O.
    Tim, what can I say, there was NO processing on my voice other than light compression - no equalization, right out of a professional Rode condenser mic in my home sound booth. That's what it has sounded like on the radio for several decades, I can't do anything about my natural pipes.

Concerning the motion graphics/animation work: With the EXCEPTION of the whirling globe and core dynamo from 3:37-3:51, all the rest of the motion graphics I did in Davinci Resolve in Fusion.

Quote Originally Posted by bouldersoundguy View Post
    Very clever in the Geologic Facts "vs." Evolution Theory bit co-opting the marriage equality symbol and negating it with a slash (stroke).

https://www.hrc.org/hrc-story/about-our-logo

It appears to be a trademark:

https://trademarks.justia.com/877/18/n-87718526.html
    I think you are reading too much into this. I don't know anything about that 'marriage equality' symbol. What I put in was an math 'equal' sign (= ) with a slash through it to visually emphasize that the two things were not equal. Nothing was "co-opted"! Did I inadvertently commit a 'microaggression'? mia culpa, not.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by worddigger View Post
    I think you are reading too much into this. I don't know anything about that 'marriage equality' symbol. What I put in was an math 'equal' sign (= ) with a slash through it to visually emphasize that the two things were not equal. Nothing was "co-opted"! Did I inadvertently commit a 'microaggression'? mia culpa, not.
    I did assume it was intentional, which would have been clever. Either way, it may be a trademark infringement. Then again, I'm not an IP lawyer.

Quote Originally Posted by bouldersoundguy View Post
    I did assume it was intentional, which would have been clever. Either way, it may be a trademark infringement. Then again, I'm not an IP lawyer.
    No, you are not a lawyer and using an = sign with a slash mark through it is not a trademark infringement, at least not here in the USA. (smile). Well, at least not yet.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by worddigger View Post
    No, you are not a lawyer and using an = sign with a slash mark through it is not a trademark infringement, at least not here in the USA. (smile). Well, at least not yet.
    It's not a generic equals sign, it's a trademarked logo with a precise geometric specification. But I'll concede that it's just a quibble. It's unlikely to turn into a problem.

Blog Entries

Great stuff with the Fusion work. But I'm really surprised with the voice. I'm sure it didn't sound like that in previous videos. Perhaps my speakers are cracking up!
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Great stuff with the Fusion work. But I'm really surprised with the voice. I'm sure it didn't sound like that in previous videos. Perhaps my speakers are cracking up!
    Tim, it's the 'American Midwest' announcing voice dialect. It could also be that, in a couple of places in the video under the planet animations there are 'rumble' soundtracks mixed in at low levels and frequencies, to give some background ambience to the work. That rumble is not audible on many cell phones and cheap computer speakers, but it may be on yours AND it may be intermodulating with the natural bass presence in my voice. That could be what you are perceiving. OR, you may need to buy some better speakers. (smile).

If memory serves, my 'booming' voice has been a point of comment on some previous videos as well, not just from you, but from a couple of other British people, as well. It could be that my voice is just naturally grating on the more cultured and refined British ear that is accustomed to legacy BBC sound mixing norms and the seasoned voice of Richard Attenborough.

I remember when I was a Ham radio operator, I always had trouble hearing the voice of certain other radio operators, especially those from Australia. For some reason, their voices always sounded like my tuning was slightly off in the single-sideband reception, no matter how much I tweaked the dials, but I digress. Thanks for the constructive feedback on the narration, I'll keep this matter in mind. Cheers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast