Thread: PewDiePie YouTube Channel Ranking History From 100th to 1st to 2nd (2012-2019)

Cool PewDiePie YouTube Channel Ranking History From 100th to 1st to 2nd (2012-2019)

im making a new youtube channel about stats and compars and this is the first video I upload.

Believe or not it takes more than three weeks to produce it specialy collecting data.

waiting for feedback about the video , Logo and Intro.

VIDEO LINK: https://youtu.be/ZnCfO1vkNlM

Blog Entries

OK That's a really good looking representation of figures. Colourful, lively, continually moving showing the stats both as easily digestible bar graph and the actual numbers. I'll assume it's accurate and I can easily believe it took 3 weeks to put together. Lively music adds excitement.

But ....

It's a great looking infographic, but it sails big time as nowhere does it tell us what the figures mean. OK You have a title - "YouTube channel ranking history" but what does that actually mean - in terms of total umber of hits? Total number of hits where the visitor stayed more than "n" seconds? Total number of hits per week, per day, per month? It might not be hits at all!

Every now and then a "x2" or "x0.5" would pop up. What did that mean?

The infographic needs to explain all this - you cannot assume the viewer knows.

More than this, I'm afraid 5 minutes of stats is boring in the extreme. No matter how much you dress it up with sound, colour and movement, something showing progress over time should last seconds, not minutes. The exception is if there's a commentary explaining what happened at different times - so the graphic is illustrating the commentary.

Look at the intro to The Big Bang Theory. It's a timeline (like your vieo is) but represents lots of different things going on, plus it has a commentary (the song lyrics). In my mind it's brilliant. It lasts 20 seconds. I could probably take a minute of it, but more than that - even though varied, clever and funny - would become too repetitive.

Finally, whilst i think your choice of music was suitable, it faded out and changed for no apparent reason. Yes, you don't want the same music throughout, but the changes should be motivated by the video (or vice versa - try editing to the music).

Non of this is meant to detract from the good, clean look you've created or the smooth animation. I'm just trying to save you wasting time on a lot of unnecessay work (making 5 mins when 30 secs will get the message over better, for example).

Hope that's helpful.
    Tim