Thread: 25 fps speed up

1. Default 25 fps speed up

JackCarterParticipant
    Hi,
    have a simple question…
    I’m filming with Canon 5dii at 25 fps. Is there a way to speed it up in post, and make it look smooth ? I’ve tried to do that with very slow horizontal panning shot, and it looks choppy. Tried to better it with directional blur and optical flow, no much difference.
    Perhaps I should convert sequence to 50 fps, and try again ?
    Any thoughts ?
    Thank you

2. Default

What software are you using? That's going to determine what tools are available. I don't recognized the plugins you mention so you probably don't have what I have, Vegas Pro. I don't usually have the need to alter the speed of my video playback, but I think there's an option to use some sort of resampling or interpolation to smooth it out.

Blog Entries

Are you sure it's not because the original pan is uneven? Speeding up camera movement will always emphasise any irregularities (in the same way that slowing down footage smooths it out)
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Are you sure it's not because the original pan is uneven? Speeding up camera movement will always emphasise any irregularities (in the same way that slowing down footage smooths it out)
    Agreed. Plus, converting your sequence won't do any good unless you originally shot in 50p. Perhaps you could show us your original footage?

[I note that you've got three more replies than Videomaker.com - quality AND quantity here!]