Thread: Compatable Batteries?

Blog Entries

Default Compatable Batteries?

Looking for recommendations for third party batteries. Sony NP-F series compatable. NOT for use in cameras, but for auxilliary equipment (monitor, lights etc), Need a mains powered charger (UK) too, preferably double.
    Amazon have a few but unimpressed with the idea of USB charging.
    Tim

Just noticed this post.

I've bought half a dozen of the low-cost, highly rated ones on Amazon. From at least 2 manufacturers. Experienced no notable issues with them.

I've also bought spare batteries for cameras from the same manufacturers, mainly batteries for Canon and Panasonic DSLR.

I can't compare the Sony NP-F types because I don't have any Sony branded ones, only the aftermarket brands, but they do the job nicely as far as I can tell. When I treat them with care it all works fine. I had a problem with one LED light not liking some of the batteries, it wouldn't take power, but I noticed that the problem was the light itself, like the metal prongs were not quite right. Other than that I've had no real problems.

With the DSLR camera batteries I can confirm that the aftermarket ones are not at the same performance level as the Canon branded ones. The Canon originals last a bit longer, hold their reserves in standby much longer (months, even 1+ year). But the other ones are cheap enough to replace and keep spares. I use battery grips on my DSLRs (whenever possible), so the juice lasts a long time regardless of which pair I use.

But other than noticing that comparatively they are not at the same level, the aftermarket batteries have worked just fine.

Blog Entries

I ended up buying some branded as PowerExtra from Amazon rated at 8800mAh.
    4 shows each lasting about 2 and a quarter hours (switch on time) powereing the 7" Lilliput A7s field monitor and one battery wasnt even half drained each time. Mind you my experience is like yours - they tend to be fine for the first few times, but their ability to hold charge diminishes with useage, so i'm unsurprised they're working fine at presentr.

As you say, they're cheap enough not to worry.
    Tim