Thread: Google Earth Studio

Default Google Earth Studio

This post is for your information, only. For those of you familiar with Google Earth and the imagery available there, now you can make short film clips of flying a camera through locations within the Google Earth world environment with the Beta release of Google Earth Studio. It allows you to make short video clips, edit the path of your camera fly-through with a key-frame editor and then render out the finished video. Here is a link to where you can get more information and request access to use the Google Earth Studio program.

I made a short and corny DEMO for a friend to show him what the footage can look like. The town in the footage is my hometown of Huntington, WV and the 3-D structures are actually generated within the Google Earth database. They are by no means perfect, but quite usable (where available). The actual fly-through footage used was made in the Google Earth Studio Editor and rendered out. The opening segment, music and VFX overlays were done in DaVinci Resolve 15 and just for comedy (CORN).

Here is a link to three (3) Google Earth Studio Tutorials that explain how to use it. Remember, you need to sign up with Google and ask to be invited to use the program, first.

Have fun, kids.

Blog Entries

Cheers for the heads up.
    I liked the opening titles - Fusion?
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Cheers for the heads up.
    I liked the opening titles - Fusion?
    Yes and no. There are a load of title templates available within the Resolve software that are directly applied in the Edit page and then edited/customised within the 'Inspector' window of the individual selected timeline clip, but the 'magic' is internally rendered out by Fusion in the background.

Nice ! .
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933