Thread: Free software to reverse a video and don't loose quality

Question Free software to reverse a video and don't loose quality

Hello !

i am looking for your help, i don't have much experience about coders etc... so i'm kinda confused but i would like to be able to edit a video applying some reverse and slow motion effect and save it without loosing quality, (so i think there are some lossless coders) i have downloaded lightworks but i'm kinda sad the max quality i can save is 720p so i will loose quality, i have downloaded Avidemux and this one doesn't have a reverse effect so it's not working for me too !

Do you know one that would make me happy ?

Thank you for your help !

hello

are you able to use filmora?? i use this and it has this feature built in! its a brilliant powerful editor aswell
    Last edited by Tom3593; 01-12-2019 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom3593 View Post
    hello
    l
    are you able to use filmora?? i use this and it has this feature built in! its a brilliant powerful editor aswell
    thank you for your reply,

i don't know filmora, but if it is Free and i can export video without loosing quality and adding a reverse option i will definitely download it !

is it easy to use ?

thank you !

Quote Originally Posted by poire View Post
    thank you for your reply,

i don't know filmora, but if it is Free and i can export video without loosing quality and adding a reverse option i will definitely download it !

is it easy to use ?

thank you !
    i think they do a free version im not sure if you can get the video over to me some how im happy to reverse it for you and send back if that helps ?

its very easy to use it really is a brilliant bit of kit!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom3593 View Post
    i think they do a free version im not sure if you can get the video over to me some how im happy to reverse it for you and send back if that helps ?

its very easy to use it really is a brilliant bit of kit!
    Thank you for your reply !
    Well it is for a youtube project i would like to do so i will have a lot of video to edit regulary, i'd like to be able to do it myself and don't disturb anyone but it's really kind from you !

I think we can try it for free but i'm not sure if we have full fonctionalities before buying, but i don't think eventhough i'm not able to see the price on their official website.

Blog Entries

HitFilm Express is Free for PC and Mac.
    So is Resolve.
    Tim

Hello !

.... so i'm kinda confused but i would like to be able to edit a video applying some reverse and slow motion effect and save it without loosing quality....
    Hi,

Generally speaking, most video editing software should have the option to apply reverse speed, but as i only use pro software, i can't really comment on that.

What i can tell you is, that there is no such thing as applying a slow motion effect in the sense that you might be imagining it.
    Slow motion is not an effect in that sense!
    To get slow motion, you need to FILM the footage in SLOW MOTION (High frame rates).

For example:
    50 fps gives you 50% slow motion on a regular 25 fps timeline (for Europe - in PAL mode).
    100 fps gives you 25% slow motion on a 25 fps timeline.

Why is 100 fps 25% ? Because it shows the image at 1/4 or 25% of the full speed. Meaning it's 4 times slower.
    That's how you get slow motion.

If your footage was filmed at basic 24 or 25 fps then you can NOT slow it down without significant quality loss. You can, sometimes, slow it down a little bit (by 5% - 10% ) and adding frame blending to smooth out the jerkiness, but i only use it for stretching purposes if i just have to have the clip a split second longer.

The only other way to "apply" slow motion is to use a plugin called Twixtor from RE:Vision and it costs around $600, but i can imagine that's not an option for you so i won't go in to detail about how it works.

Hello !

i am looking for your help, i don't have much experience about coders etc... so i'm kinda confused but i would like to be able to edit a video applying some reverse and slow motion effect and save it without loosing quality, (so i think there are some lossless coders) i have downloaded lightworks but i'm kinda sad the max quality i can save is 720p so i will loose quality, i have downloaded Avidemux and this one doesn't have a reverse effect so it's not working for me too !

Do you know one that would make me happy ?

Thank you for your help !
    Davinci Resolve - Free Version - Get it here! (go to bottom of page to download)