Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any suggested free video editor?

Default Any suggested free video editor?

besides imoive, seems there is no "true" free video editor??? newbie here, any suggested one?
    How about VSDC, movie maker and VideoProc?

Quote Originally Posted by Huluwa View Post
    besides imoive, seems there is no "true" free video editor??? newbie here, any suggested one?
    How about VSDC, movie maker and VideoProc?
    Not to sound like an ******, but... here is what you do in situations like these.
    You open up google, you type in "Best free video editing software", you click on one of the first 10 links that give you some compiled top list of the thing you are are searching for.

Something like this one
    https://www.oberlo.com/blog/best-fre...iting-software

In that list you will find 20 programs with a short description and Pros & Cons for each one of them.
    You read that information, you analyze the Pros & Cons of each suggested program and then you pick one to check it out and get a feel for it.

I know - that sounds like actual work, because asking in a forum and then sitting back and waiting for someone else to spoon-feed you the answer is much more convenient right?

To answer your question:
    Quote Originally Posted by Huluwa View Post
    besides imoive, seems there is no "true" free video editor???
    Yes - there is. It's called DaVinci Resolve and guess what - it was in the list that you could have googled yourself.
    Resolve is a full blown Pro level software used by industry experts and it's free.

You could have found that out in about 5 min flat if you would have done the work yourself.

Have a nice day.

Blog Entries

Yes, RL_Sensei does sound like a *****, but he makes a valid point with which I fully agree.

An approach which would get you much futher might be...

"I've looked through several sites comparing different free video editing packages. X, Y and Z look possible but I was wondering if anyone here has actaul experience of using them and what they are like for function A, function B, function C."

Then it looks like you've made the effort to do a bit of research and you have something specific to ask which people her may (or may not) be able to help you with. People are generally only too happy to talk about their own real life experiences and these are by far the best recommendations you are going to get.

But for a Mac, yes, Resolve is just about the only decent free option.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    An approach which would get you much futher might be...
    "I've looked through several sites comparing different free video editing packages. X, Y and Z look possible but I was wondering if anyone here has actaul experience of using them and what they are like for function A, function B, function C."

Then it looks like you've made the effort...
    ^ THIS!
    100%

He/she would have received a completely different answer from me if only it would have been formulated along those lines. CAUSE and EFFECT.

Quote Originally Posted by RL_Sensei View Post
    ^ THIS!
    100%

He/she would have received a completely different answer from me if only it would have been formulated along those lines. CAUSE and EFFECT.
    In a way yes, but no need to be deliver your reply in such a way. You go on to be very helpful, so why the nonsense?
    Part of a forum, I believe, is talking to other people about their experiences and tapping into their knowledge. However I suspect you may have deterred to OP from coming back which is a real shame.
    You are clearly very experienced and knowledgeable in this field and people like you are what makes a forum tick, and for people like me a great source of information. But you need to be aware of how your responses may be taken. Your first reply to me when I joined was delivered in an equally aggressive manner, which was not necessary.
    Just my thoughts.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Jediboy View Post
    In a way yes, but no need to be deliver your reply in such a way. You go on to be very helpful, so why the nonsense?
    To what way are you referring to? I take it you mean aggressive? Judging from the later part in your reply.

Here is the thing - i wasn't aggressive, i wasn't even trying to be aggressive. People are OVER SENSITIVE these days about... EVERYTHING.
    Was i condescending? ABSOLUTELY !
    Why, you may ask?
    Because i dislike 3 things - laziness, ignorance and stupidity!

To be clear, the OP displayed only ONE - laziness. Hence, my condescending tone in the reply.

Display all 3 and you will get a proportioned response. Why? because you can't go through life being lazy, ignorant and stupid. You need a wake up call - and i will provide that if necessary.

Anyway.
    The thing about TECH forums (and i have been on forums for the better part of 2 decades) is, that there are always 2 kinds of people on them - those who seek knowledge or help and those who can provide it.
    But here is the thing - those who seek knowledge and help should at least have the decency to ask for it in a manner that is worthy of being replied to and at least display, that they have put in some effort themselves, before asking complete strangers to spend their time by giving out knowledge that in some cases has taken years to collect through hard work, dedication and life experiences.

• Is it wrong to ask for knowledge, help or assistance to save time? ABSOLUTELY NOT!
    • Is it a dick move to ask someone else to spend their time and spoon feed you the answer while you relax and have a beer, if you could have found out the answer to your own question in a matter of minutes? HECK YES!

Sure, the OP asked a "simple question" and why am i making a big fuss about it?
    Because the OP came to this forum, created a brand new account, made the first post every here just to ask someone else to do the job for him/her, without showing any effort on his/her side.... when in fact, the OP could have spend the exact same amount of time to google the answer.

As Tim said - IF it would have been something like "Hey, i spent a couple of hours looking in to X, Y, Z video editing software, but i can't decide which one to go with... can someone provide me with some feedback on them?", then i am pretty sure there would have been multiple people ready to help that person out.

Instead we got a "What software is better? I am a newbie".
    The OP was even so lazy as to not write a simple hello...

Idk about you guys, but saying at least "hello" to the people you ask help from is kind of a no-brainier in my book.

Btw - writing something in CAPS LOCK does not mean it's "shouting" - it's to emphasise a specif part of the sentence. Idk how the internet messed that up and now everyone who sees something in caps lock interprets it as shouting and aggression.

I do agree about the laziness of the original post, and a common courtesy is to say hello and perhaps make a brief introduction. However I don't feel that this justifies your response, wether it be aggressive or condescending.

I'm sorry that you are so OVER SENSITIVE that you felt the need to respond in this way. Many other ways would have worked much much better.

I too have been on many forums over the years and do indeed find them to be a great source of information, and also a friendly place to chat. You clearly do the information part very well, but maybe not so much of the friendly bit. This is a shame as you can clearly contribute so much to beginners such as myself.

I guess we have differing opinions on what Forums can be, which I suppose is a good thing too in some ways.

Anyway, despite this, I do hope that in the future I will be able to tap into your experience and knowledge, and you never know, maybe one day I can help you with something, whatever it may be.
    Enjoy your day.

Chris

Hey Chris,

It's obvious that we look at things differently, which is totally fine, we come from different parts of the world, we have different life experiences and so on.

I believe in - you reap what you sow.
    The choice of your action will produce a corresponding effect.

For example - if you ask a stranger what time it is, but you put on a smile, say hello very politely with a warm attitude... then, most likely, you will be met with a similar response and the person will gladly help you out.
    In the same situation, with the same 2 people and the same question - if you say "Yo, bitch, what time is it?"... then you will get a completely different response from the same person, asking the same question.

Cause and effect, you reap what you sow.

Your misconception right now is, that you think i am over sensitive when in fact it has nothing to do with that.
    I did not initiate this topic, i merely responded accordingly to how the OP presented himself and the way he asked for "what time is it".

Obviously i am trying to make a point here. I am not saying that the OP was rude. He was just lazy to the point that annoyed me enough to respond in the way i did.
    And even then - i still gave relevant information even though i did not feel he deserved any help in this matter.

About forums and other online places in terms of a friendly place to chat - i can absolutely relate to that. I have been a gamer for 15 something years and some of my dearest friendships are or have been with people who i have met online. Up to the point where we fly to each others countries every other year to spend holidays together and hang out.

You make some valid points indeed l, many of which I agree with. If someone was rude when asking the time Iíd be a bit upset. I think youíre right to raise your point, just that I was surprised by how you did it. I suspect that with your thought processes in this youíre not surprised at being challenged?

Anyway, seems we have more in common. Iím a gamer too but havenít been fortunate enough to make good enough friends that I could travel to see.

10. Default

Well, i started my reply with "not to sound like an ****" Which 100% will be interpreted as - you do sound like an ****
    Thereby setting the tone for the entire thing.

It's pretty much the same thing as if a woman tells a man "This is not an ultimatum".
    Guess what the man will think - that it WAS an ultimatum

I think it kind of depends on what type of games you play. I have always played Counter-Strike 1.6 and WoW competitively (online and LAN tournaments) so that kind of environment with competition and camaraderie helps to bond with people online a lot more, then just casually playing with someone.
    Especially if you play and compete with the same guys for years and have so much fun doing it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast