Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving Watermark for my YT channel.

1. Lightbulb Moving Watermark for my YT channel.

Evening everyone, This is something I should of done a few years ago but left it time and time again, I should of joined a forum dedicated to editing. Anyways I hope you are all well and this is my first post so a BIG "Hi".

I will surface on here from time to time not just for help but to offer it as well, I have a decent Youtube channel and I have noticed people have stolen my material and where my static watermark was they have placed theirs on top of it, I have had them removed from Youtube and the channel owners have been given a strike, Anyways does anyone know how I can create a moving Watermark? I know how to do the ones that spin on their axis in the same place but to deter people from stealing my footage I have seen some people using watermarks where they move across the page or up and down and this is a BIG problem for anyone who wants to steal your videos.

If anyone has any info Id be most greatfull.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RTX2080 View Post
    Evening everyone, This is something I should of done a few years ago but left it time and time again, I should of joined a forum dedicated to editing. Anyways I hope you are all well and this is my first post so a BIG "Hi".

I will surface on here from time to time not just for help but to offer it as well, I have a decent Youtube channel and I have noticed people have stolen my material and where my static watermark was they have placed theirs on top of it, I have had them removed from Youtube and the channel owners have been given a strike, Anyways does anyone know how I can create a moving Watermark? I know how to do the ones that spin on their axis in the same place but to deter people from stealing my footage I have seen some people using watermarks where they move across the page or up and down and this is a BIG problem for anyone who wants to steal your videos.

If anyone has any info Id be most greatfull.

Thanks.
    Welcome to the club!

Moving watermark is really easy, assuming you don't refer to the one that youtube can put on your video's when you supply a still image. That one isn't actually burnt into the video at all and when people download the video from youtube they simply get a video without a watermark at all.
    A moving watermark is just an animated still image that you overlay on your entire video. Just key-frame it roving across the scene and you're done.
    The cats are watching us...

3. Default

Hi "Grapes" Thanks for your reply.

I have lots of softwares and dont mind buying others to get this watermark on the go, Can you tell me how its done please?

As I stated its not the watermark that stays in one place on the screen, The one I am after is the watermark where it moves around the screen whilst the video is playing that is very hard for other people to remove and thats the one I am looking for.

Thanks.

Blog Entries

You have my sympathies about people stealing your content. However, think very carefully about apllying a moving watermark. Whilst this may deter some people from stealing your work, it's hardly difficult for them to track it and cover it with their own moving watermark. (You could do this in HitFilm Express for free (and I suspect DaVinci Resolve and many others as well).
    What I can guarantee, though, is it will be a distracion for your own viewers.

I'm afraid I do not have a solution to this problem (and I do recognise it's a problem). The only thing I can suggest is keep doing what you do well, so well that people will not want to watch the plagiarised content.
    Tim

Hi "Grapes" Thanks for your reply.

I have lots of softwares and dont mind buying others to get this watermark on the go, Can you tell me how its done please?

As I stated its not the watermark that stays in one place on the screen, The one I am after is the watermark where it moves around the screen whilst the video is playing that is very hard for other people to remove and thats the one I am looking for.

Thanks.
    Well the basic principle goes as follows: Take your PNG logo. Place it in the top layer. Position it in e.g. the top right corner. Set a key frame at the start of your video for the position. Move your play head to the end of the video. Move the logo to another corner and set another key frame. Export the video. Now your logo will "travel" from the first key framed position to the last key framed position. That way you have created a moving "watermark".

What Tim says is true though. It's a little more work but people can still obfuscate your moving logo.

One way to make it almost 100% sure that no-one will be able to get rid of the watermark is to overlay your logo full screen over the video and blend it in with the video with a blending style e.g. "overlay" or "soft-light" and if the logo is too visible you can slide the opacity down until you can still see the logo everywhere but only ever so faint that it doesn't really look too intrusive.

Something like:
    Capture.JPG

6. Default

Hi Grapes,

Thats a fantastic breakdown I'll try it today,

Many thanks and happy christmas

Don't forget to share the results

Merry Christmas!

8. Default

Yeah I will do, But need to get sober first its christmas and everyone around me is throwing drinks my way 'Hic' lol cheers

9. Default

Hi guys So sorry I didnt get back, Ive been crazy over the last week or so, 'Tim Stannard', I am so sorry I didnt reply to your comment, I for some reason scrolled past it last time I was on here so please accept my apologies and thank you so much for your input.

Ok, I hope you have had a lovely break? I am just getting back into the swing of things, Tim the reason I am going with a Moving/floating watermark is that I have footage of a huge machine and its the only footage of its kind in the world in HD, So I would of thought a moving image was by far harder to mess with than a photo? I have had my logo (Static) covered over in the past on my photos and videos so a moving one is IMHO much harder and the people who have the knowledge of being able to cover it with their own moving watermark would know that IF they use it on Youtube like mine is going to be I will have it taken down and they will get a copyright strike for it. Besides I have a variation of Channels and as my footage is of a unique machine I would search from one of my other channels just in case a person stole it and tried to use it on their account.

'Grapes' you stated above "Take your PNG logo. Place it in the top layer. Position it in e.g. the top right corner. Set a key frame at the start of your video for the position. Move your play head to the end of the video" Please bare in mind I am quite limited to video editing with Vegas Pro etc as I have been using simpler softwares in the past but realise the only way forwards is with the likes of VP etc. So I have my logo as a PNG, Ok I got that bit, how do I place it in the Top Layer? and how do I find the Top layer? what softwares do I need? Lol

So sorry to be a bit thick but I feel so silly now

Thanks again guys I really appreciate your time and replies.

Hi guys So sorry I didnt get back, Ive been crazy over the last week or so, 'Tim Stannard', I am so sorry I didnt reply to your comment, I for some reason scrolled past it last time I was on here so please accept my apologies and thank you so much for your input.

Ok, I hope you have had a lovely break? I am just getting back into the swing of things, Tim the reason I am going with a Moving/floating watermark is that I have footage of a huge machine and its the only footage of its kind in the world in HD, So I would of thought a moving image was by far harder to mess with than a photo? I have had my logo (Static) covered over in the past on my photos and videos so a moving one is IMHO much harder and the people who have the knowledge of being able to cover it with their own moving watermark would know that IF they use it on Youtube like mine is going to be I will have it taken down and they will get a copyright strike for it. Besides I have a variation of Channels and as my footage is of a unique machine I would search from one of my other channels just in case a person stole it and tried to use it on their account.

'Grapes' you stated above "Take your PNG logo. Place it in the top layer. Position it in e.g. the top right corner. Set a key frame at the start of your video for the position. Move your play head to the end of the video" Please bare in mind I am quite limited to video editing with Vegas Pro etc as I have been using simpler softwares in the past but realise the only way forwards is with the likes of VP etc. So I have my logo as a PNG, Ok I got that bit, how do I place it in the Top Layer? and how do I find the Top layer? what softwares do I need? Lol

So sorry to be a bit thick but I feel so silly now

Thanks again guys I really appreciate your time and replies.
    Well if you're using VP it should be easy enough. The top layer is the uppermost timeline slot. Easiest way to find out how to do it is to watch a 5 minute tutorial. You could e.g. google "keyframe animate vegas pro" and you'll get plenty of short results.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast