Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vegas Pro Bundle for $25

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Not really. My theory is that should make it easier to learn.It's like learning two languages - if they are similar, it makes it easier to understand, but when writing/speaking it's much easier to use the wrong one.
    (At least i imagine this is how it is - I'm very uniligual!
    interesting theory !

Itís all irrelavent to me anyway. Just looked at minimum spec requirements for version 15 and it apparently requires windows 10. Iím on windows 7.
    Last edited by enc; 12-22-2018 at 08:22 AM.
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post
    interesting theory !

Itís all irrelavent to me anyway. Just looked at minimum spec requirements for version 15 and it apparently requires windows 10. Iím on windows 7.
    Systems upgrade time. The unfortunate reality of things. I hated having to quit Windows 7, but the equipment manufacturers, software designers and operating system makers have left nobody a choice in the matter. I absolutely refused to try Windows 8 (a smart move at the time, in retrospect), but the writing was on the wall. When my old computers needed to be replaced, there was nothing available built on Windows 7 to replace them with. (The down-side of capitalism). I also hated to have to upgrade all my several-hundred website pages to HTML5 coding, but it was either that or allow Google to leave me in the dustbin of Internet relevance as the world migrated to the Smartphone from the desktop.

Having said that, keep in mind that the U.S. Space shuttle was built around i286 computer technology and kept flying for over 20 years without a hardware/software upgrade. It continued to do the job it was designed to do in the first place, work between Earth and Earth orbit. So, I guess the only choices are: Stay in orbit, going around in circles and staying comfortable reliving old glories, or take some risks and shoot for Mars and beyond. Everything becomes obsolete, eventually, even us.

3. Default

Win 10 is pretty sweet. Sure there's bloatware and such as usual, but it has all the latest improvements and gets the most developer attention. It is usually pretty well behaved (but I get the Pro version to have to deal with the least amount of funny business).

It also probably does better with the myriad of hardware makers you may choose to bring into your ecosystem. Compatibility mode does a fine job of letting you run older software.

Having said that though, I do go as far as I can to try to use the least amount of Microsoft Software possible. My main text processor is Word 2003 and that pretty much shows how I draw the line. Almost everything else on my computer is non Microsoft unless I'm being forced, like Skype, and even then begrudgingly and trying to cripple it as much as I can.

For my next computer (in a couple of years) I'll be more careful with my choice of processor. The Ryzen 7 has been good but some software manufacturers don't optimize for it and overall it ends up performing to less than its full potential. The bus-ing architecture is also not as robust as Intel. Overall, if you want stronger performance and most compatibility, you might as well be on the mainstream Windows version and the mainstream processor.

Hello,

I need a video tool in which the following features are included. Could you please help to find the best vendor who offers the below features at the best rate.

1) Convert text into speech.
    2) Screen recording feature with high resolution.
    3) Video Editor (synchronize the audio and video file).

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I've been using Vegas Pro since v7 and for many years absolutely loved it. It fits my "systemic" way of working. A typical example would be FX can be applied to an event (something on the timeline - eg a video clip), a track, the media (clip) itself (so it applies to every occurrence of parts of that clip on the timeline) or the whole project. It grew out of an audio program and this heritage shows.

However, whilst I continue to use it as my only editor, I don't think anything has been as stable as version 11 and I can't wholeheartedly recommend it. I've learned where it's likely to crash on my system (hex core i7, 32GB RAM SSD for system/progs, SSD for current project, several mechanical hard drives for backup of current projects) Radeon R9 390. It's not an underspecced system -but them a agin it's not a Workstation grade machine. So I make sure I save regularly - and frequently when I'm doing those things.

I keep thinking about changing (Resolve is the most likely candidate) but I am just so used to working with Vegas it's just inertia that's stopping me.
    Who is using Vegas Pro- would you recommend this bundle of Vegas Pro 15?

Quote Originally Posted by jochicago View Post
    Win 10 is pretty sweet. Sure there's bloatware and such as usual, but it has all the latest improvements and gets the most developer attention. It is usually pretty well behaved (but I get the Pro version to have to deal with the least amount of funny business).

It also probably does better with the myriad of hardware makers you may choose to bring into your ecosystem. Compatibility mode does a fine job of letting you run older software.

Having said that though, I do go as far as I can to try to use the least amount of Microsoft Software possible. My main text processor is Word 2003 and that pretty much shows how I draw the line. Almost everything else on my computer is non Microsoft unless I'm being forced, like Skype, and even then begrudgingly and trying to cripple it as much as I can.

For my next computer (in a couple of years) I'll be more careful with my choice of processor. The Ryzen 7 has been good but some software manufacturers don't optimize for it and overall it ends up performing to less than its full potential. The bus-ing architecture is also not as robust as Intel. Overall, if you want stronger performance and most compatibility, you might as well be on the mainstream Windows version and the mainstream processor.
    I fully concur with everything you say. When I bought my latest editing terminal, knowing in advance it would be running the Windows 10 Pro operating system, I opted to have my terminal custom built by someone that knew what I was going to do with the terminal instead of buying something off the shelf. That way the terminal contained a minimal amount of 'bloatware' and microsoft garbage upon delivery and the OS was pre-optimized specifically for video editing purposes. Although it was also custom-built for using Premiere Pro at the time, it accepted the Davinci Resolve 15 platform quite well when I changed over to it recently.

I think part of the reliability and performance I'm still getting is due to the initial terminal configuration I ordered at the time with an eye on heavy-duty visuals processing and storage. Specifically, I initially ordered 128 GB of RAM, the 64 bit version of the Windows OS and the Intel i7 6800 K 3.40 gHz processor core and the ASUS audio hardware cards. Not the best I could buy at the time, but the best I could afford. I also specified an 1-TB SSD C-drive, a second 1-TB SSD S drive to write renders to and a seperate 16-TB of mirrored V-drive media storage set. This means that my software is operating on the OS drive, while I then read files data from another drive-set and then write output to yet a third drive-set. This configuration seems to function very well in both the editing and rendering modes.

I later upgraded the system to the NVIDIA GTX-1080 video display driver to beef up the video display processing and added a Lync-Sys PCI so I could run an external dedicated monitor for color-grading work in Resolve.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12