Thread: Belleville Mine and Mill, NV -- what do you think?

Default Belleville Mine and Mill, NV -- what do you think?

I haven't made this public yet because I want to see what you guys think about it first... I'm mostly looking for feedback on the narration, but any other comments/suggestions will be appreciated as well:

Blog Entries

I always enjoy your films Ray. Because your country has only been going a couple of hundred years (nearer 250 now) I, along with some others in the UK, tend to snigger at the idea of you having any history. I think this in part comes from watching US documentaries where houses over 100 years old are described as really old

But your films of "ghost" towns and places really helps drive home that there is now quite a long period of time between independence and today in which the US grew its own history: a history which is quite different in many ways to that which was experienced in Europe (or indeed in the growing cities in the US). Your explanations and description of the scenes we are seeing is always informative and knowledgeable and explained in laymen's terms.
    Shots are nice and sharp and relevant, but some suffer a bit too much hand-held shake for my taste.(I accept that there are those who enjy that look)
    The music was a perfect choice.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Dunakin View Post
    I haven't made this public yet because I want to see what you guys think about it first... I'm mostly looking for feedback on the narration, but any other comments/suggestions will be appreciated as well:

Looks good to go for me I'm personally not too bothered by the shake though I do prefer smooth shots over shaky ones. Gives you something to aim for in your future work I suppose
    The cats are watching us...

Thanks guys!