Thread: video editing software for slideshow

Default video editing software for slideshow

Hello,

I am looking for a basic video editing software to create slideshows with the options of:

- effects to add smooth transition between each image such as fade in fade out
    - scrolling text during the whole slideshow video with opacity option as low as 0.01 (almost invisible) and very fast scrolling
    - image duration as short as 0.01 or even 1 millisecond

Thanks

Blog Entries

If you are looking to produce a video, the shortest duration for an image will be limited by the playback rate. Typically this will be (US) 1/60th second so way above your requirement.
    Other thna that HitFilm Express is free and meets your requirements. So is DaVinci Resolve. And no doubt numerous others.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    If you are looking to produce a video, the shortest duration for an image will be limited by the playback rate. Typically this will be (US) 1/60th second so way above your requirement.
    Other thna that HitFilm Express is free and meets your requirements. So is DaVinci Resolve. And no doubt numerous others.
    On windows 10 there is a video editor that lets me put an image for 0.01 second but it doesnt have the scrolling text and smooth transition between images stuff. I'll have a look at some of the free software that is available such as the ones you mentioned.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FROMNOW View Post
    On windows 10 there is a video editor that lets me put an image for 0.01 second
    I strongly suspect not (though it might say it is). Quate apart from whatever software your are viewing it in, most (common) monitors have a lower refresh rate than 100Hz
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I strongly suspect not (though it might say it is). Quate apart from whatever software your are viewing it in, most (common) monitors have a lower refresh rate than 100Hz
    The lowest I can put in is 0.01
    It's a video I want to create for others to see. Most monitors will not capture an image flashed that fast ?
    I created a short test video with some images with 0.01 duration and I could see something flashing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FROMNOW View Post
    The lowest I can put in is 0.01
    It's a video I want to create for others to see. Most monitors will not capture an image flashed that fast ?
    I created a short test video with some images with 0.01 duration and I could see something flashing.
    As I said, although the software allows you to set it to 0.01 seconds, I doubt it actually is. Do you have a copy of the file you created that you could post? What are you viewing it in?
    Can you download MediaInfo (free) and tell us what that says about the file (in particular frames per second?
    Tim

Try free Moviemator. It's great for basic editing and beginners.