Thread: Corel VideoStudio VS Pinnacle Studio Ultimate???

Question Corel VideoStudio VS Pinnacle Studio Ultimate???

I'm a complete and total beginner, but I'm looking for video editing software with a simple, elegant interface that will allow me to jump right in and intuitively edit simple videos that I've made on my new camera (Fuji X-t20). I have a variety of different purposes for the video, one example being English teaching videos destined for youtube, whilst another use would be for some travel videos I plan to put together in the future, so I wish for the software to be quite versatile.

In the future when I gain more experience I'm hoping to stay with the same software, so ideally a software that is simple and intuitive yet still hides some advanced features under the hood would be great.

I'm currently looking at the two softwares titled in this post Corel VideoStudio and Pinnacle Studio Ultimate as they seem to be very user friendly.

Does anyone have any recommendations for which one is the best, or alternatively any other software suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by temjam99 View Post
    I'm a complete and total beginner, but I'm looking for video editing software with a simple, elegant interface that will allow me to jump right in and intuitively edit simple videos that I've made on my new camera (Fuji X-t20). I have a variety of different purposes for the video, one example being English teaching videos destined for youtube, whilst another use would be for some travel videos I plan to put together in the future, so I wish for the software to be quite versatile.

In the future when I gain more experience I'm hoping to stay with the same software, so ideally a software that is simple and intuitive yet still hides some advanced features under the hood would be great.

I'm currently looking at the two softwares titled in this post Corel VideoStudio and Pinnacle Studio Ultimate as they seem to be very user friendly.

Does anyone have any recommendations for which one is the best, or alternatively any other software suggestions?
    I'm a bit biassed but I love Corel's Video Studio though mostly because I started out with that myself.
    There's a few good free options out there as well. Some that keep coming up on this forum are Hitfilm Express and DaVinci resolve (bit harder to get your head around but if you're into editing for the long and professional/semi professional run definitely worth your time). Oh and VirtualDUB is also quite nice though has a more basic look to it.
    Aside from that there's also Blender which is actually mostly known for it's 3D modelling and animation but can be used as a very good video editor as well.
    The cats are watching us...