Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: They shall not grow old ...

Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post
    Hopefully this is the tip of the iceberg and a taster of what is to come.
    I wonder what could be done to an old silent movie like Buster Keaton in The General (1927)? Unlike the linked YouTube version, which is just the original with sephia tinting and a boring an continuous music track, just imagine the film footage frame-processed to smooth out the picture cadance, colorized (of course), then with Foley and dialogue added, along with a crafted musical score anchored to appropriate action cues. Why, it would be a completely transformed movie presentation.

The movie is in the public domain, so it can be done and marketed without the necessity of buying rights or paying royalties. The investment would be in procurement of the necessary motion/colorizing software, production time, and for voice actors, foley artists and a composer. Anybody game?

not so much interested in films myself. i prefer real life and documentary footage. id love to see this clip of my hometown given the treatment ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0QkJNqYpFM

'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post
    not so much interested in films myself. i prefer real life and documentary footage. id love to see this clip of my hometown given the treatment ...
    After watching that, I tend to agree with you. THAT would be much more interesting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12