Thread: Noob having trouble publishing

Default Noob having trouble publishing

A friend of mineasked me to take photos at her class reunion & make discs for all of them. It was fun but I wasn't satisfied with just a disc full of photos, so I created a slideshow & added popular music from that year. They loved it. That was about 10 years ago & since then I have done 6-8 more. It's a small community & High school so I know most of these people & that makes it that much more fun.
    I am using Adobe Premiere Elements 2018 & or Cyber Power Director 17. I can create a wmp file but these people want to watch their discs using a DVD player too.
    I didn't run into this problem until the last year or so. I imagine that part of the problem, at least in Cyber, is the music royalties. I say that about Cyber because I can add the music but it will not play when previewing the video.
    When I watch a tutorial on the Elements there is an option for "Publish / share"... mine only has "Export / share"
    I think I'm going to have to search for my older version of Elements. Will that help or will that option be disabled there now too?
    Is there any other way I can get past this problem? I have people bugging me for the discs. I keep explaining that this isn't my day job & it is very time consuming (for the novice)(compared to you folks). I understand they are anxious for the results but "Get off my back already."
    Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Blog Entries

I can't help directly as I am not familar with either piece of software. However I can confirm that the blurb for PE2018 says you can export to DVD so it must be possible (although, having done a quick gGoogle, it looks like they've removed BluRay support much to the anger of long term users.

Also, I doubt very much that the problem you are experiencng with PowerDirector is anything to do with the music you've added. The software cannot possibly know whether you have the rights to use it or not.
    Tim

Ok.
    I thought the music was encrypted somehow so the software is restricted (probably misinformed).
    It does let you "export" to a DVD but it isn't a format that works like any other DVD, meaning that it does not open to the main menu. In fact, in my player it says it cannot read it. If you put it in the PC you can double click on the file & get it to work.
    So since it says "Export" that's all you can do. The one in this video;
    https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-ele...elpx.adobe.com
    has "Publish / Share" which is different, correct? This video is using Elements 2013 also. Which is closer to the version I used before (I don't remember which one I had used before (2 or 3 different ones actually).

Blog Entries

Sorry, as I said before, I'm not familiar with the software so can only throw in suggestions in general terms.
    I wouldn't get too hung up on terms like Export and Publish. They seem to have some comprehensive tutorials which include making DVDs here:
    https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-ele...ser-guide.html
    Tim

Well, I figured it out & now I really like the Cyberlink Power Director 17.
    I decided to go to any & all of the audio related options to find the issue. This seems like such a weird thing to happen. That program created it's own profile in the audio "Volume mixer". I had to Un-mute it.

Blog Entries

Glad you sorted a solution
    Tim