Thread: October Nights

Default October Nights

Here's my latest video, part of an ongoing series celebrating various sights in our neighborhood. On this one I did something a little different for the narration. The images seemed to cry out for a bit of poetry, so that's what I did...hopefully it works.

Blog Entries

First impressions?
    The opening shot with the brighter sky looked a little cartoonish and the Screaming Lizard image at the end killed it, but the vast majority of the shots looked really fantastic. I loved the font and gold/white of the title - really classy. But spoiled somewhat by red captions. Make them white or the gold/gradient of the opening title. Red is never good apart from bloody titles in spoof horror.
    Music was good for me - though some might have disliked it.
    I didn't like the narration. It felt too hurried for the subject matter and rather sibilant.
    Consider slowing it down a tad and/or trying out other people.

But, as I said in my opening, most looked really fantastic and I'd love to see more in this ilk.
    Tim

Great piece Ray ! personally, i wouldnt have used that music .. however, it does work with the visuals. i have to agree with tim on the narration.. i believe you've tried to make delivery up beat in line with the positive vibe lyrics and music but it doesnt quite work ..
    id really really like to see a 'making of" video including technique and equipment used ... how about it Ray ?
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Thanks guys! I really appreciate your comments.

Maybe when I have a little more experience with these, I might consider doing a 'how to' video.