Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Ravine

Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    Looking forward to it

I suddenly notice that you start a second tune around 3:07 and that suddenly stops at "This silted pool". I would probably like it better when it continues into his next part of the story.d
    Yes you are right. I noticed this after coming back to the edit after a few days. It will be sorted in the next edit.
    So no massif difference in audio levels through your speakers ?
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Blog Entries

Thanks for the insight, enc. It's always interesting to get a biit of background.
    A big thumbs up for the hand-held work. I'd assumed it was slider

In my opinion, you absolutely must keep in the brief background info about Leverhulme & Pulham, but I think more in the way of cutaways (perhaps with captions for their names) would help. On first viewing I took in who Lever was as, having worked for a Unilever company for 10 years last century (!) I was aware of him, but a later mention of Pulham caught me out and I had to rewind to see whether yu'd introduced him earlier. It hadn't sunk in and this will mostly be due to my decreasing capacuty to take information onboard, but partly due to lack of visuals reinforcing the narrative.

I did wonder whether you had a map. Always a useful asset to give location, scane and basc geography.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post
    So no massif difference in audio levels through your speakers ?
    Nope or not in a degree that it bothered me.
    The cats are watching us...

new edit in first post
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

5. Default

It's good for an educational purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post
    new edit in first post
    Amazing job man! Are you still working on it or is this more or less the final result?
    The cats are watching us...

Default Shed

Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    Amazing job man! Are you still working on it or is this more or less the final result?
    Thanks ..Is anything ever finished ?

I don't have any technical advice or comments, just wanted to say that I found it quite fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Dunakin View Post
    I don't have any technical advice or comments, just wanted to say that I found it quite fascinating.

Thanks Ray. Can I ask, were you previously aware of any people or places in the piece ?
    Does it get the information across ?

No, I never heard of any of it before, that I can recall. I got the basic gist of the information, and it got me interested enough to do a google search for more info.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast