Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Ravine

Blog Entries

I wholeheartedly approve of the changes you've made althought it is difficult to tell whether the story is eplained better or whether it's just because I'm familiar with it having seen it before. I'm not generally a fan of dissolves but I think here (the portaits) they work very well.
    Whilst I appreciate the change in the caption "for which the Pulhams are famous" I'm not sure I'd have cut John saying the line for gramatic accuracy. If you want to cut it, you might find the (less gramitically correct)

I like simple plain white text but I think it could do with a bit more separattion from the background. I think you said you don't like lower thirds, so try a thin black outline and a feint drop shadow, just to give it a bit of a lift. I didn't think the wide white blurry outline worked so well. Text is a real bummer - no-one notices it when it's done well and it can take so long to get right.

Also is it Jack Mckewan or Jack McKewan? (Just checking)

I hope you're suubmitting this to BIAFF.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I wholeheartedly approve of the changes you've made althought it is difficult to tell whether the story is eplained better or whether it's just because I'm familiar with it having seen it before. I'm not generally a fan of dissolves but I think here (the portaits) they work very well.

I like simple plain white text but I think it could do with a bit more separattion from the background. I think you said you don't like lower thirds, so try a thin black outline and a feint drop shadow, just to give it a bit of a lift. I didn't think the wide white blurry outline worked so well. Text is a real bummer - no-one notices it when it's done well and it can take so long to get right.

Also is it Jack Mckewan or Jack McKewan? (Just checking)

I hope you're suubmitting this to BIAFF.
    theres over a hundred edits in the updated version.. and lots of stabelizing though its still not perfect.... did i describe my technique ? ive done another edit and put it to bed for now the white text on the intro i have put on top of a faded black rectangular background. it pops now the text over the blur i have reduced the font size and it looks much better. i tried various alternatives none i was happy with. i fixed the fade on the james pulham portrait and itsa now consistant... still cant get hold of a decent Pulham portait.

as ever thanks for the feedback and suggestion mr.s
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123