Thread: "You click the shutter when the elements of the composition look right to your eye"

1. Default "You click the shutter when the elements of the composition look right to your eye"

"A rule that should be totally ignored in my opinion ... You click the shutter when all the elements of the composition look right to your eye, not when they are equally divided into three."

Morning. This is a mini documentary/profile I made on photographer Amedeo Castellani.

Equipment
    GH5 - 4K
    12mm, 25mm and 60mm Macro (24, 50, 120 equivalent)
    Rode Mono Mic

Filmed over 2.5 days with the 60 minute interview filmed last.

My aim was to not just show the vast amount of pictures a 50 year career has spawned but the person behind the pictures and the lifetime of experience and thoughts collected.

2. Default

Really enjoyed this video. Thank you

Blog Entries

Nicely done. i liked that final comment ended on an upward inflecton leaving us expecting more ... this left me with a feeling of wanting to investigate the artist further.
    It was also interesting hat whilst he dismisses the rule of thirds, most of his work seems to conform to it - and, of course, this is why the "rule" was developed - very often what looks "right" can be divided into thirds.
    Tim

Nice one, I loved the first two lines he said. Sounded a bit familiar even though I hardly ever get my stuff on paper.
    The cats are watching us...

Very nice ! Just the right length I thought.
    Interesting point he makes about not pressing the shutter on an image unless it will be printed.
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933