Thread: The Garden Story

Default The Garden Story

A children's Bible story using animated still illustrations and music.

Blog Entries

I'm not convinced that the story comes across if one isn't already familiar with it. Perhaps this is intended as an illustration while someone explains what is going on?
    Most significantly, I can see nothing indicating that A&E are told not to eat the forbidden fruit.
    A few of the pand & scans were a little too fast for my taste and 1:32-1:38 has an element of "hosing" (ie it searches around a bit rather than a definite move from A to B.
    However t was well paced, generally focused attention on the important details and worked well with the music.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I'm not convinced that the story comes across if one isn't already familiar with it. Perhaps this is intended as an illustration while someone explains what is going on?
    Most significantly, I can see nothing indicating that A&E are told not to eat the forbidden fruit.
    A few of the pand & scans were a little too fast for my taste and 1:32-1:38 has an element of "hosing" (ie it searches around a bit rather than a definite move from A to B.
    However t was well paced, generally focused attention on the important details and worked well with the music.
    You hit two important points on the head. It does need a voiced narrative to address both weaknesses (familiarity and forbidden fruit issue). Thanks for confirming what I already suspected. Back to the editing lab and a session in the sound booth. Thanks.

I have added a narration track and made some tracking adjustments to address the issues you pointed out, then updated the file.

Blog Entries

I was hoping you were going to manage to tell it even better purely visually, but I have to say it works really well with the voiceover. Nice job.
    Tim

I was hoping you were going to manage to tell it even better purely visually, but I have to say it works really well with the voiceover. Nice job.
    Thanks, Tim. I would have preferred to do it purely visually, but I was limited by the scope of the illustrations available in crafting the visual narrative. This was an experiment to see what was possible.

BTW, for those interested, there is an entire collection of free-to-use children's Bible illustrations available for download at this link.