Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Juddery playback in Premiere Pro on a PC

Default Juddery playback in Premiere Pro on a PC

Dear all...

I'm in a desperate situation using Adobe Premiere Pro and appeal to anyone who may have a solution to PLEASE contact me directly or leave a message here.

My email BTW is: tarinuk@hotmail.com

First off I'll tell you about my machine:

I'm using an AMD Athlon 64 3400 + 64 bit 512k L2 Cache processor with an Asus K8N-E deluxe motherboard with 1.5 Gig or DDR400 RAM.

Graphix driven by a Sapphire ATI Radeon X800 Pro 256MB with 3 200GB Maxtor Diamond Max hard drives (they are not in RAID as I am nervous about setting RAID up on my PC!).

>>> It should be noted that this is the same machine I was happily editing on between January and July with no problems whatsoever.

However, in July I was hit by some monstrous bug which didn't affect ANY of my other programs, just Premiere.

The program refused to start and despite me removing every bit of extraneous software, fiddling with various settings etc, I couldn't get the thing to work again. Premiere showed up in the running applications box as running but it was nowhere to be seen. Hitting Premiere repeatedly meant I could have several iterations of the software running but it was invisible to me. :(

So, I decided to reinstall Windows and consequently every bit of software on the machine.

Once I did that (with various security bits to prevent any further problems) Premiere loaded fine... but it's never worked properly since.

I've been working on a documentary for near-on two years about Tibet and am very close to completion for a deadline in December, so you can see my urgency.

The project I saved were on separate drives (observing scratch disk issues) so they were exactly the same as they were before my problems began.

The problem is that none of my projects playback the way they used to. All video playback is now jerky regardless of whether it is rendered or not. Even final avi files are jerky and nothing I do seems to make any difference.

I've tried everything I've seen on the forums from defragging all my drives to messing about with GDI etc. Nothing makes any difference at all.

Bizzarly, the playback is only jerky during editing but if I export to DVD, it's fine... you wouldn't know there was an issue. Playback on a regular DVD machine looks perfect but playback is dropping files furiously.

After my bug, I downloaded installed EXACTLY the same drivers (bios etc)etc to ensure I was replicating the machine as it was and it's worth mentioning that Premier seems to be the only program affected. All Avis played in WMP or DivX play fine. I watch movies/play games and all is great. It's just Premiere that has the problem.

I'm pretty desperate as I've tied up nearly four years on this film and will be in a whole heap of trouble if it isn't fixed before December whe my deadline arrives.

Any help you can offer me will be gratefully received and you'll even get a special thank you on the finished product (how's that for a bribe!!!).

So, I'm hoping you'll be able to help me with this problem and shed some light on what happenned in the first place.

I'm running XP Pro and am dilligent about scanning for viruses, malware/spyware using Addaware, MS Beta spyware, Spybot and Norton AntiV. There's not a sausage on my machine, she's as clear as a bell.

I'd be very grateful if you could help me out here guys and await your response.

Many thanks to you all.

Richard

Richard

You could try deleting the conformed files, that is what I do when any problems happen with Premiere Elements (rarely thank goodness).

Perhaps one of the Adobe Masters would be good enough to pick this up for Premiere Pro.

Good Luck

COMPAQ something or other with 500Gb Boot Disk, 1Tb external Firewire Disk, 4Gb Memory and a super duper sound card, 19" TFT Monitor etc etc etc
    Sony TRV33e : Sony TRV310e : Canon XM2
    Sony Vegas Studio editions to v11

Remember, there is always more to learn than there is to teach.

Blog Entries

Just to confirm

1) Did you try running AP just after the rebuild. i.e did you *just* install Premiere?

2) Do the scratch discs you're working from have 10%+ free disc space?

3) What codecs do you have installed?

4) Have you checked the scratch discs for errors?

Hi guys, thanks for your responses on this - much appreciated.

Marc :

1>Yes, after the problems I did a fresh install of Adobe Premiere... It was the reason I did the rebuild because it suddenly stopped working. It would say it was running but I couldn't see the program itself.

2>All scratch disks are kept 15% free at all times and regularly defragged.

3> Codecs: Now this is a good question. I have DivX but am not entirely sure what else (how do I check installed codecs???).

4> Yep, all my scratch disks - in fact my entire machine - was bought and built in December. I've run various programs to check they're ok and as far as I can tell, all are as clean as a whistle.

>>>> OK, since I posted this yesterday I decided to check some of the avi files I ripped initially. They run fine so long as they are imported away from the saved project.

I may be off target here but it seems to me that the project itself has become corrupt/damaged. So now I am faced with the heart-breaking decision of starting the whole thing over from scratch. I have all the Avis so that's not a biggy but I'll have to do all the editing again from the original cuts.

What do you think?

It's not made me feel particularly safe and frankly, I've never had any problem like this using other editing software. Adobe... u guys listening?

Grrrrrrrrr.

Thanks again for your help guys... keep it coming I may just sort this with your help.

All best

Richard

Um, any more ideas guys or is that my lot?

never looked into trying and not got it in front of me to prove it's possible but is there not a way of importing one project into another. If so, start a clean project and import to 'corrupt' one into it. It may be enough to clean things up.

Thanks Alan, least you bothered to respond and I'm grateful.

Gotta say this forum sux in terms of response tho.

I've had to restart the entire thing and wont be back here again for help.

tata

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Choja
    Thanks Alan, least you bothered to respond and I'm grateful.

Gotta say this forum sux in terms of response tho.

I've had to restart the entire thing and wont be back here again for help.

tata
    Just because you we couldn't answer your particular problem, doesn't mean we suck. We spending a lot of our spare time helping people, most of which go away happy and with a solution to their problem. It's ungrateful people like yourself that tempt me into jacking all this in.

Do you really think we're all here just to help you fix your problem? Do you understand how forums work?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Juddery playback in Premiere Pro on a PC

I'm in a desperate situation using Adobe Premiere Pro and appeal to anyone who may have a solution to PLEASE contact me directly or leave a message here.

My email BTW is: tarinuk@hotmail.com
    This start to your post clearly indicates you do not know how forums work. For your information they'r about sharing ideas and developing a community of like minded people. It's not a place to get free personal help. If you really want an answer, why not phone up Adobe support?

wont be back here again for help.
    Good.

I've deleted your account anyway.

We'll f***ing help you out if we can. Marc runs this site in his own time. You ungrateful, impatient, spoilt whining little prick.

C**t.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast