Thread: video on dvd

Lightbulb video on dvd

how does the companies burn their videos on CD and DVD, which software do they use to encode and burn?

They probably use custom written software that's able to control the production lines that are capable of pumping out hundreds or thousands or cd's per second. I doubt they'll use consumer grade software.
    The cats are watching us...

Blog Entries

If you're talking about major film distributors (or those acting for them), I understand they do not "burn" but "press" DVDs (and presumably CDs, BluRays) from an authored master.
    For much smaller quantities (ie the sort I produce) of 40-150, I send out to a duplication house who do burn the DVDs using exactly the same sort of process consumers might use (although they use machines that can burn many DVDs at a time)
    Anything smaller than that I produce them myself. I use DVD Architect to author the DVDs. It has served me well untill last week when I had major issues creating a Bluray using the same process I've used many times before - ended up wiping (not just refreshing, but a total re-install) my Windows 10 PC.
    Tim