Thread: Beginner wants to mash up video clips

Default Beginner wants to mash up video clips

Hieveryone.

Iam a complete novice/beginner and I have just had this idea and would be sograteful if someone could point me in the right direction.

Acouple are getting married in the future, so I have a bit of time to do this,and I would like to make a little video for them.
    Myidea was to take a few opening clips for famous TV programs from the 70/80ísand insert images, and if possible, some video clips
    ofthe couple into the opening sequences.

Forexample the opening sequence from The Persuaders (Tony Curtis/Roger Moore) wherethe screen splits in two and you get the lives

ofthe two playing side by side as they grow up. I would like to take that clipand insert the images of the couple into the sequence so that

nowwe get the sequence playing with the same music but we have the couples imagesand video clips playing side by side as they grow up.

1. Is this possible?
    2. Is this something Icould take on?
    3. What software do Ineed?
    4. Would I need training/tutorials?

Manythanks in advance.

Blog Entries

Just to be clear, are you trying to recreate (for example) the Persuaders opening with footage/images you have of the happy couple (fairly easy - so long as you have the shots) or integrate shots of the couple into the footage of the Persuaders (so that Curtis/Moore appear on the screen at the same time) or replace Curtis/Moore with images of your couple, leaving the rest of the content (eg their surroundings) from the original.
    The three things I've described go from comparatively simple to very advanced.
    Tim

Thanks Tim.
    Ideally I would like to replace the curtis/moore images withthe couple leaving the rest as original. I suspect this is the very advancedoption !
    If above is too hard for beginner, although I am computerliterate, then second option may be better – integrate couple images so thatcurtis/moore are still on screen.

If not, then could try to recreate the opening sequence witha new sequence of my own with same music etc.

If possible please let me know how to do each (or the software required) and I couldgive it a go.

Blog Entries

I'm afraid I don't have the time or the skills to tell you how to do it, but take a look at HitFilm Express (free) which will allow you to do this. There are numerous video tutorials. But you need to understand that there is no recipe for this, you need to take time to learn, to understand and to develop your skills.

Start by just understanding how to trim two clips (ie take the beginning/ends off them) and how to put them together. This is basic editing. Adding in shots from other clips (ie combining elements from different clips) is known as compositing.
    Last edited by TimStannard; 09-06-2018 at 04:48 PM.
    Tim

Thanks Tim, understood.