Thread: 1080p 120fps GoPro slomo video editing

Default 1080p 120fps GoPro slomo video editing

Hi! I've bought GoPro Hero 6 recently and fairly familiar with video editing. However, there is a thing I don't quite understand. When I take 1080p 120fps video and I'm slowing it down in video player like QuickTime or VLC or in video editor like Adobe Premiere I'm expecting to see a smooth slowmo (it should be smooth, right? it's 120 fps!), however the slow play back is choppy. Particularly in Premiere on normal speed the preview quality is good, once I slow it down to 25% it's choppy (Premiere shows that original file is 120fps), after I render the slowmo video the videofile I'm getting is still choppy.

My mac has 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel Iris 1536 MB. SD card I'm using for GoPro is 64 GB SanDisk Extreme Plus. This is an example of the video how I see it in QuickTime in slomo mode - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_Sc...s34AOhje3/view. I tried to play it in QuickTime and slow down in Premiere on more powerful computers, but the result is the same. Also, i tried 2 different cameras. To me it feels like the video file is missing frames, but I'm not an expert at all. So the question is: is there an issue with SD card, or maybe the computer not powerful enough or this is the behaviour that is expected and I'm just being dumb and should learn more about 120fps video editing?

The video itself - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ofP...ew?usp=sharing (Google Drive does not preview 120fps, but if you download the file it's actually 120).

Thank you!

Solved. Auto Low Light was enabled which drops fps to 30 if the light is not sufficient.