Thread: Did I meet the english humor with this video?

1. Default Did I meet the english humor with this video?

Here is one of my current video.
    I hope, that's funnier than my older videos.

I'm open for your feedback.
    If you like you can write me, which scenes you find funny

Quote Originally Posted by ThisIsMichael View Post
    Here is one of my current video.
    I hope, that's funnier than my older videos.

I'm open for your feedback.
    If you like you can write me, which scenes you find funny

I'm afraid I couldn't spot the joke(s?). Have you tried replicating or re-assembling jokes from other comedians yet, like we've suggested last time?
    For next video try doing a straight copy to start with and really practise on replicating the speech with fluidity and intonation. A joke depends quite a lot on the intonation of the speaker which will help the listener to spot e.g. sarcasm, the intentional use of a double meaning or a pun. Without the right intonation the funny part of a joke can completely vanish and it'll just become words...

Still, good try! Looking forward to your next production!
    The cats are watching us...

3. Default

The whole video should be the joke I have tried to charmingly myself deprecating. Some of my subscribers has written to me that my scripted videos are a little monotonous, so have I produced that video without any script. In result, I had so much more fun to produce this video and got more positive feedback by them (One can read in the comments on YouTube). I listen and imitate some of your proposals, but I can't upload because of the copyrights. In Germany, we have strong regulations concerning this.

Thank you for you feedback Grapes.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisIsMichael View Post
    The whole video should be the joke I have tried to charmingly myself deprecating. Some of my subscribers has written to me that my scripted videos are a little monotonous, so have I produced that video without any script. In result, I had so much more fun to produce this video and got more positive feedback by them (One can read in the comments on YouTube). I listen and imitate some of your proposals, but I can't upload because of the copyrights. In Germany, we have strong regulations concerning this.

Thank you for you feedback Grapes.
    Ah I had that suspicion yes still it wasn't completely clear for me and perhaps just not my kind of humour. For a non scripted video this is actually quite good though!

I see what you mean about the copyright stuff. Best not to risk copying then! Re-writing a joke should be possible though... just following the same concept but changing the items and locations around a bit can maybe already be enough of a change to be safe?

Keep practising in any case and it wouldn't be a bad thing to see if you can find a language buddy that you can have actual talks with preferably face to face though voice calls would work as well. Maybe someone who wants to improve their German but who is quite good with English. If you happen to live near the Dutch or Danish border you might be able to find some student to practise with or simply pop over the border and try to strike up a conversation in a bar or something. The Danes and Dutchies are generally rather good in English a.f.a.i.k.
    The cats are watching us...

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    For a non scripted video this is actually quite good though!
    Thank you very much Grapes I don't think, that I will write scrips in future very often, because spontaneous production makes more fun. And to have fun is the most important factor to create videos for me I have some friends to speak English, but in a economics studies 24 hours a day aren't enough. I live in the middle of Germany I'm satisfied, today I reached 100 subscribers and I'm certain that I will speak English fluently in some years.