Thread: Slow Audio Issue

Default Slow Audio Issue

I'm thinking about starting a new project on Adobe Premiere. Just a light video I'm going to mess around with and edit to kill time, but for some reason, Whenever I load up the assets and put them on the timeline the audio becomes slowed down. The duration and everything remains unaltered but the audio just becomes very low-pitched, as if it's slowed down. I've looked around and found it's some sort of issue with the bitrate, but meddling with those settings have yet to yield results. Right now I can't find anyone else experiencing the same issue, (save for a few old forum posts that didn't help remedy the problem) so it's difficult for me to find a fix. If anyone can tell me what's happening and how to fix it I'd be very grateful. Thanks.

2. Default

Are you sure the duration is unaltered?

If the sample rate flag in the file is incorrect or is being read incorrectly it would actually change the playback speed. If had that problem before, which I fixed using an audio editor to change the sample rate of the file without resampling, which just changes data in the file telling playback software what rate to use.

Also, a video editor is likely to expect 48kHz sample rate audio. CD is 44.1kHz so that's the most likely incorrect sample rate you'll encounter. Audio recorded at 44.1kHz and played back at 48kHz would be sped up noticeably.

Thanks for the reply.

I checked it again and sure enough the video is exactly 15 mins and when put in the timeline the video is also 15 mins.

Another concern is, since the video in question was recorded using a screen recorder (bandicam) which has it's own settings for recording videos. I fear certain settings may have conflicted with premiere's presets, I dabbled around with the settings not long before.

You mentioned using an audio editor to change the sample rate of the file. How do I do this exactly?

Thanks again.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SEBTVolcano View Post
    You mentioned using an audio editor to change the sample rate of the file. How do I do this exactly?
    I was using Sound Forge 6 at the time. There's an option to change the sample rate of the file, and a sub-option or resample or not. I would not resample.

But if the time isn't altered this isn't likely to be the solution. Frankly, I have no idea how or why this would happen. It's possible to cause this deliberately with a pitch shifting process in an audio editor, but that's something you would normally have to do rather deliberately to get the pitch to change without a proportional change in the length of the playback time.