Thread: 'Zey The Mouse' Episode 5 'Who's Playing The Game', Sci-fi Fantasy Stop-Motion.

Default 'Zey The Mouse' Episode 5 'Who's Playing The Game', Sci-fi Fantasy Stop-Motion.

Hi, all

Here is my brand new episode of 'Zey The Mouse', it has taken 8 months to complete!

The animation is a sci-fi, fantasy, computer game themed, stop motion and sp-fx!

Zey and Dylan go to the 'Gamez Shop' to buy a new game, they get a big surprise
    when they are instructed by an 'Alien' to come and save their worlds.

Levels in game includes, 'The evil robot gorpbot', 'Asteroid destroying', 'Keeper of the gems', and 'Saving the life force'.

hope you enjoy?

Yay! Fantastic!

You did a great job on the crafts part and the motion seems fine to me as well. What would really improve things is if you would pick up the pace. There's a lot of gaps in dialogue and such. Also the audio needs balancing (some of the sound effects are just way too loud) and some of the footage could do with some serious colour grading as well. I almost jumped right into it to make some sample adjustments (and still might if I find the time ) Do you shoot your pictures in RAW?

I think this stuff really has some potential and perhaps it might even be possible to get some funding. Use whatever you have right now as a proof of concept. Apply for some creative funding like over here: https://ec.europa.eu/programmes/crea...urope/media_en.
    (apply to other funding programs as well to spread your chances)
    Get a team going! Get a video editor in, a special FX person, a sound fx person, an assistant crafts person and perhaps a marketing girl or guy (perhaps even an intern).
    There's other ways to go about as well but I really think it should be possible to grow Zey into a brand that you (and your collaborators) could live from if that would be something you'd like... I'd be happy to help you out with this (and perhaps some of the other regulars as well).

Don't hesitate to reach out through a PM or here on the public thread .
    The cats are watching us...

Hi, Thank you it means so much to hear that you enjoyed the new episode!, i did re-film lots of scnes 20 times over, but as i always
    say i'm working from a home studio and do the best i can, yes i use a nikon camera that tales 4 to 5 shots of each movement,
    i did notice some colour variant, i did panic a lot with this episode, as scenes were awkward to film, but did it in the end!!!!

Ile keep your thoughts in mind, but slow steps

The next episode will only be 4 minutes long, as the story is going to be based around a skateboarding park and will have only 1 huge set
    for the whole film, some have suggested to narrow the time down, but this sci-fi episode it needed to be 9 mins for the story to fit.

As for a team, i have a script writer, music, and voice sounds, one of my friends form TV played the voice of Mrs. Mouse in this episode.
    so that was really nice, so far lots of great feedback, but was very exhausted, now having a break,

In August 2018, i have Zey The Mouse on with his own Exhibition/Films and a workshop at The Norwich Puppet Theatre'.
    A great friendly place.

This will be a 3rd experience with Zey! as he's been to 'The Forum Norwich',(2015) and 'Greyfriar's Art space' (2015)
    Last edited by ianharding; 07-06-2018 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ianharding View Post
    Hi, Thank you it means so much to hear that you enjoyed the new episode!, i did re-film lots of scnes 20 times over, but as i always
    say i'm working from a home studio and do the best i can, yes i use a nikon camera that tales 4 to 5 shots of each movement,
    i did notice some colour variant, i did panic a lot with this episode, as scenes were awkward to film, but did it in the end!!!!

Ile keep your thoughts in mind, but slow steps

The next episode will only be 4 minutes long, as the story is going to be based around a skateboarding park and will have only 1 huge set
    for the whole film, some have suggested to narrow the time down, but this sci-fi episode it needed to be 9 mins for the story to fit.

As for a team, i have a script writer, music, and voice sounds, one of my friends form TV played the voice of Mrs. Mouse in this episode.
    so that was really nice, so far lots of great feedback, but was very exhausted, now having a break,

In August 2018, i have Zey The Mouse on with his own Exhibition/Films and a workshop at The Norwich Puppet Theatre'.
    A great friendly place.

This will be a 3rd experience with Zey! as he's been to 'The Forum Norwich',(2015) and 'Greyfriar's Art space' (2015)
    That sounds great!
    Also I wasn't really referring to any colour shifts but more to things like exposure.
    Since you have a music person I'd try to do a more soft continuous background ambience for the next one so there's less emphases on the silence.

I'll try to make you a re-edit though, just as an example and as a little finger exercise for myself I suppose

Hi, i did wonder what you meant, this is my favourite episode, from all 5 episodes,

thanks, but you don't have to do that, Zey is under copyright to me.

if you want to show something, make a little example of what you do yourself, much appreciated
    Last edited by ianharding; 07-06-2018 at 10:52 PM.

A Newspaper Article today on Zey's New Sci-Fi Adventure,

Zey Sci-Fi.jpg
    Last edited by ianharding; 07-13-2018 at 12:02 PM.

Hi, i did wonder what you meant, this is my favourite episode, from all 5 episodes,

thanks, but you don't have to do that, Zey is under copyright to me.

if you want to show something, make a little example of what you do yourself, much appreciated
    Sorry for the late reply, it's been a hectic week. Got a tiny photography exhibition coming up but it's my first one so I haven't got a system up for these things (I even didn't have a portfolio ready...)

In regards to what I do, mostly shooting stock and basic freelance edit work really.
    But since you've asked for examples, I'll have made a mini show-reel earlier this year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da3U2Ntq6wE
    And my most recent freelance edit job got quite a few views (though that's probably mostly due to the company I did it for rather than due to "my amazing editing skills"): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge1cUIAVLGo

A Newspaper Article today on Zey's New Sci-Fi Adventure,

Zey Sci-Fi.jpg
    Could you upload us a high-res picture? I can barely decipher this one.

Hi, Grapes, great to hear from you again, wow good luck with your exhibition,

I watched your scenery clip, it was great, well edited and put together, ile try to add a higher resolution to the artile, i tried before but was too large

so here is the higher resoltuion

zey article bigger.jpg

Hi, Grapes, great to hear from you again, wow good luck with your exhibition,

I watched your scenery clip, it was great, well edited and put together, ile try to add a higher resolution to the artile, i tried before but was too large

so here is the higher resoltuion

zey article bigger.jpg
    Thanks!
    Perfect resolution on the article thanks! I'll find some time to read it with interest