Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think? The Don'ts of travelling to Costa Rica

1. Default What do you think? The Don'ts of travelling to Costa Rica

Do you think this is a good video for people to plan their trip to Costa Rica?

Hi,

I generally like your cutting style etc. (also in the previous clips you've shared) but almost 10 minutes is a bit long. I think your tips are useful and telling it from your perspective and also appearing on the camera gives it a wonderful personal touch.
    I would definitely cut down on the fluff. Especially at the start you should in my opinion cut a lot (+- 35 seconds). What you could do is pick the best shots between 7 seconds and 40 seconds where the stuff actually starts and compress those "hero" shots into the 3 seconds where your title is. Then cut straight into your intro where you guys tell that you've been there and what you're going to show the people, because that's the hook .
    Alternatively cut everything between the first 3 seconds and where you start talking and place all the highlights at the end. You could add a little in between intro there as well in the lines of "these where the tips now look at some of the magical moment's CR had to offer us" so the viewer knows that the tips are done and the rest is just highlights.

What's the next destination?
    The cats are watching us...

Blog Entries

What Grapes said. Why would someone click on a link to this video? Because they’re planning on going to Costa Rica and want to know what to avoid. If they are presented with 30-40 seconds of scenic shots, they are most likely going to click away as that is not what was promised. Give the punter what it says on the tin and they are more likely to look at your other vids.
    Tim

Hi,

I would agree with Tim, something like "9 things you need to know about Costa Rica". I also would put more scenes of Costa Rica at the end of video and less at the beginning. Other than I found it useful and something to remember if I were to go to Costa Rica.

Regards,

Jake
    Creative Swift Marketing

5. Default

Thanks a lot. Love constructive criticism. these type of videos are harder to do as they are more informative than entertaining. We are off to Victoria BC, then Paris, Italy, Croatia, Greece, Thailand, Australia, Bali, Philippines, and Japan.

6. Default

Interesting. You really think so? i thought maybe they would be like wowed by the scenic 30 seconds then be what do I avoid with all that great scenery. Difficult one to call as I've had opinions both ways. So not sure what do in the future lol. keep up the good comments. I love them.

7. Default

Cool thanks a lot.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by adventure campitelli View Post
    Difficult one to call as I've had opinions both ways.
    Are the people who profess to like the beauty shots at the beginning people who you’ve asked to comment on the video and/or people who are looking for videos generally about Costa Rica? I suspect so - they will watch it anyway. What you need is the opinion of people drawn in by the title.
    Imagine you are considering buying a new drone and you’ve pretty much decided on the model - model x. You come across a video called “5 problems with the model x”. You don’t want that video to spend time telling you what a great drone it is - you’ve already done your research and know the benefits - you want to get to the problems. If the Video doesn’t give you that straight away, you’ll most likely be off clicking one of the myriad other articles called “why the model x sucks” or similar.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by adventure campitelli View Post
    Thanks a lot. Love constructive criticism. these type of videos are harder to do as they are more informative than entertaining. We are off to Victoria BC, then Paris, Italy, Croatia, Greece, Thailand, Australia, Bali, Philippines, and Japan.
    Wonder if you'll be allowed to fly in Paris... I highly doubt it and the French police have become scary... then again you could always play the naive tourist card (which I have played quite regularly and not just abroad )
    The cats are watching us...

10. Default

ya probably not

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast