Thread: FORUM - Resource Limit Is Reached

Default FORUM - Resource Limit Is Reached

Hi,

What's up wit the Forum lately?
    This message seems to be popping up on 9/10 clicks.

Resource Limit Is Reached

The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later.

Iíve been cheap with the hosting. Iíll look into it.

Blog Entries

Is it worth looking at crowdfunding or Patreon? We may only be a small bunch but I'm sure there are others who'd happily join me in making a contribution.

For those who are not aware, Marc funds this forum himself. Several months ago, traffic having dropped off gradually over the years, he changed the package to a lower cost one which better suited the amount of activity. It appears this is level of service is now too low and so we have to figure where to go. It is entirely unreasonable to expect Marc to shoulder the cost of this on his own. On the other hand, if Marc were to take contributions from others he might feel it's no longer his "baby" and feel obligation towards other financial contributors, so I can understand why he might be reluctant. All I can say is I'd happily contribute and expect nothing in return over and above the forum being kept open as it is currently. It's rare to find a forum that has such a high percentage of high quality questions, answers and opinions.
    Tim

My 2 cents,

Wouldn't hurt to put ads at the bottom near the footer to earn a bit from CPM.

Also, a Paypal donation button in the footer section for those that would like to contribute:
    https://developer.paypal.com/docs/cl...donate_step_1/

BTW, I'm an IT pro. My company runs multiple hosting servers and we manage more than 50 websites. I'm not offering my commercial services, I'm saying I'm happy to bounce ideas and help you sort out hosting topics. A "cheap" host server should do fine as long as it is a good company and the server is managed somewhat effectively. From what I could tell looking at server performance from afar the last few weeks, it seems to be running fine. The recent error messages could probably have been sorted out with a quick server reboot. Going forward, the server instance could be put on a reboot timer (say, automatic restart every 2 weeks), and/or you could go up one tier to a package with a bit more ram and CPU.

Please feel free to PM/email if you'd like to have a conversation about the hosting details.

I think it was being caused by a web crawler. Iíve blocked it using robots.txt and it seems to have fixed the issue.

It's still on going. It took me 7-8 attempts to open this thread just now.

We were getting hammered by 8 or 9 ip addresses. I've now blocked them.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    We were getting hammered by 8 or 9 ip addresses. I've now blocked them.
    Oh yeah. Feels much more responsive now!

Thank's Marc!