Thread: Bushnell Trophy Cam novice user

Default Bushnell Trophy Cam novice user

Hi all, I've just a acquired Bushnell Trophy Cam. I have set it up a couple of times in the garden, but have subsequently discovered I end up with a memory card full of 30 second video clips (perhaps 200 files). I have also discovered that I have had to use a third party app called 'Handbrake' to convert each 30 sec file from AVI to a format I can see, which frankly is nuts and soooo time consuming. All I want to do is set up the camera to fire each time an animal walks in front of it, not to just keep take video every 5 mins over a 24 hr period. I have looked at for youtube clips but can find nothing. I have been through the instruction manual and can find no advice as to how to set up the camera to do this. My understanding is that these cameras are designed to do this, but how?
    Any advice would be appreciated otherwise the camera goes....

Did you try to simply call or email support? I mean - that's what its for.
    http://www.bushnell.com/global/customer-service

What are the chances you will find someone HERE who has had the same camera and the same issue? Quite slim.
    What are the chances that the Camera companies Support staff with be able to help your? Quite high.

Start with that, then go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by RL_Sensei View Post
    Did you try to simply call or email support? I mean - that's what its for.
    http://www.bushnell.com/global/customer-service

What are the chances you will find someone HERE who has had the same camera and the same issue? Quite slim.
    What are the chances that the Camera companies Support staff with be able to help your? Quite high.

Start with that, then go from there.
    Your quite correct of course, its just that last night I was getting a little frustrated, having searched the net for help to no avail. Thanks

This might also be no help at all but with the right codecs you should be able to play AVI without having to transcode it with handbrake... what sort of device do you use for playback? I remember I had a DVD player +- 10 years ago that could play AVI so it's not really a strange file type either... of course it also matters what codec is used within the AVI container. Most common is still DivX I think.
    The cats are watching us...